Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Canada Get Your Business Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Saw this via google ad here on DNF:

http://www.gybo.ca/

Free, easy to build website
Free .ca web address for 12 months
Free advice and resources

And pissed off web designers and resellers.

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is quite an undertaking with some serious supporters
http://www.gybo.ca/about

...and you can use a name you already own to build your free site upon.;;;so it shouldn't hurt resellers I wouldn't think.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Free .ca web address for 12 months

after 12 months you will need to renew the domain name...so its not totaly free.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Small business owners are probably the greatest untapped resource for domainers and web designers. :eek:k:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with you, time is also very valuable for the average small time business owner - i would think they would rather pay a few bucks and have someone do the website for them rather than spend a week or so trying to make their own web site.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The results are extremely simplistic and frankly wouldn't interest any major business that wants a decent site. I'd consider it a pool of potential customers that will need updating very quickly.

Ricks

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently attended one of these events in Calgary during Small Biz Week. It was hosted by Royal Bank and had some Google presenters, and Yola there to sign people up if they wanted.

There were around 200+ small business people in audience. When asked, only half already had a website! - so, yes, I'd have to agree that small business owners are still a large, untapped market.

Here's another interesting tidbit - when they were taking questions from the floor about websites, ALOT of the questions were about domain names. Small biz owners had a lot of questions about domains (ca vs com, who maintains ownership when site moves, how to get one already registered/owned, using keywords in domains, etc).

Interesting to see what small biz is thinking and where they are at, relative to domains and websites. (note: 3/4 already had smartphones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom