Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker cant register .coms or .nets at Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looks like we can now add .us to the list of domains i can no longer register.

just tried today and, seems now Moniker is asking for the 'nexus category' and 'application purpose', which is fine i guess, but when i select the appropriate fields and click save i get the following

ive got to say, i try to keep the negative remarks to a minimum, but when something is a fact, i should go ahead and state it.

the fact is, i have loved Moniker, but i have also had more technical problems with Moniker than with any other registrar, and by a large margin.

not only the problems with registration, but recently i've tried to use the batch tool to bulk change the DNS and Contact info for a large number of domains, and it failed for every .org, meaning for every .org I had to go in and make the changes manually.

the most tedious part of domaining for me is the administrative stuff. something that should have taken 2 minutes ended up taking closer to 2 hours. from a business standpoint this is unacceptable. I really want to love Moniker, but as Tina Turner famously sung, "whats love got to do with it ..."

Hey HomerJ - Did you contact Support about this issue? Did you open a help ticket? Feel free to email me directly with your account #/Details and I'd be happy to assist.

Domain Summit 2024

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, but they still have not gotten back about the .com/.net problem, even after your prodding. im thinking my issue is an isolated case and they simply cant figure it out

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, but they still have not gotten back about the .com/.net problem, even after your prodding. im thinking my issue is an isolated case and they simply cant figure it out

Well perhaps that may be however if you'd like to send me the case #, I'd be happy to jump in and see what I could find out.

[email protected] is my direct email address.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just tried again now after a month or so, and seems i can register .com again. since support never responded i'm assuming the problem somehow fixed on its own.. who knows. thanks for your quick response in any case.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just tried again now after a month or so, and seems i can register .com again. since support never responded i'm assuming the problem somehow fixed on its own.. who knows. thanks for your quick response in any case.

Ok cool - glad it all worked out.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL.... :pound:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you.
Usually it takes me a few hours to renew 100 .biz and .us domains.
Domains fail to renew arbitrarily. So I get 50 failed domains with my first order. I have compile a list of the failed domains and to double check these were failed at the registry. Also have to check moniker's control panel that goes out of sync. Then 20 domains fail. Repeat. Then 8 domains fail. Repeat. Then 3 domains fail. Repeat. Then 1 domain fail. Repeat....
Ridiculous!!!
I had the same problem with .info also but I moved all .info out of moniker.
Looking for a registrar for my .biz and .us.

not only the problems with registration, but recently i've tried to use the batch tool to bulk change the DNS and Contact info for a large number of domains, and it failed for every .org, meaning for every .org I had to go in and make the changes manually.

the most tedious part of domaining for me is the administrative stuff. something that should have taken 2 minutes ended up taking closer to 2 hours. from a business standpoint this is unacceptable. I really want to love Moniker, but as Tina Turner famously sung, "whats love got to do with it ..."

Odin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Failed to update a Domain in registry. Failed to create a NameServer in the registry. Error code: 2201 - "Authorization error"

When I try to change the DNS on my domains.

I used moniker for their escrow (as it was the most secure one I could agree on with the seller), on a large purchase, now that I own the domains I can't even changed the friggen nameservers to my server. If I wait anywhere near the amount of time you did for support (and I have a feeling it will be worse since it is during the holiday periods) I will honestly snap. WTF is this!? I HAVE to change the nameservers IMMEDIATELY PLEASE HELP!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this. You are going to wait for many days.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Failed to update a Domain in registry. Failed to create a NameServer in the registry. Error code: 2201 - "Authorization error"

When I try to change the DNS on my domains.

I used moniker for their escrow (as it was the most secure one I could agree on with the seller), on a large purchase, now that I own the domains I can't even changed the friggen nameservers to my server. If I wait anywhere near the amount of time you did for support (and I have a feeling it will be worse since it is during the holiday periods) I will honestly snap. WTF is this!? I HAVE to change the nameservers IMMEDIATELY PLEASE HELP!

Odin - did you open a help ticket with support? If not, please do. Feel free to send me the case # via email to [email protected] for follow up.

Thanks

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support never replies. Period.
You have to create a ticket, then email Bari, then Bari calls them, then they call my dog and then my dog is very angry. Total BS.

Odin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Odin - did you open a help ticket with support? If not, please do. Feel free to send me the case # via email to [email protected] for follow up.

Thanks

Hello Bari, I have done both. I replied again to your email just now. Sorry to contact you on your holidays, and my general tone, but it is really quite important for me, and the thought of waiting days and days on end to get it sorted have me stressed about the issue. If you could at all help it would be super appreciated.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Bari, I have done both. I replied again to your email just now. Sorry to contact you on your holidays, and my general tone, but it is really quite important for me, and the thought of waiting days and days on end to get it sorted have me stressed about the issue. If you could at all help it would be super appreciated.

I am on it and have already escalated it up to the support rep on call.

Happy Holidays!

Odin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Respect where respect is due (I hope :)). Nameservers were updated, hopefully don't have this technical issue in future, but at least in this urgent case it has been resolved. Thanks to Bari and Carla for looking into this issue, it is appreciated.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Respect where respect is due (I hope :)). Nameservers were updated, hopefully don't have this technical issue in future, but at least in this urgent case it has been resolved. Thanks to Bari and Carla for looking into this issue, it is appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom