Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Changes at Club Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a note about some changes that we're implementing at Club Drop based on your feedback and suggestions. This is not an advertisement or promotion - I'm giving you guys advance notice since many of you have brought up these items, and I want to assure you all that we're listening to your concerns and acting on them.

Before I get to the items, though, let me say that we know that there were problems with the auction site over the weekend. The issues have been identified and resolved, and should not appear again. Additionally, we are going to be making some changes to the ways that auctions are displayed which we feel will make it much easier to use. I look forward to your feedback as they are rolled out.

With that said... top items include:

1. The time to send payment is being increased from 2 days to 5 days for all auctions. Many customers overseas were noting that names caught on a Friday could often not have payment sent in time as international transfers could not be done on a weekend.

2. The auction extension time is being lowered from 15 minutes to 5 minutes. Many customers complained of the practice of waiting until the last minute and extending the auction, forcing them to sit by their computer for hours on high-value names.

3. Additionally, we will be implementing proxy bidding in order to avoid the need to constantly monitor auctions. This is a feature that a lot of people have been asking for, and we expect to roll it out very soon.

4. We will also be implementing an RSS feed of ongoing auctions and closed auctions. This will allow those of you with web sites to get the data in real-time and display it on your own site. This has been requested by a number of "news" sites, as well as resellers because...

5. We will be instituting a commission system, by popular request. We've heard the desire and we're putting it together. More news on this shortly, after we've locked down how it will work.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good job Chris... Really doing it big! Enom should keep on improving and stay upto date with all thats goin on and I see lots and lots of success in the near future!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one thing that I noticed Chris.
When a name is cought through club drop, by an Enom partner 2 things dont work right. I have emailed support many times, and they said they would fix it in the future.

1) you can not assign name servers from the enom interface. I dont mean DNS, but setting the domain to act as a name server for a dediacted machine.

2) Whois information does not display correctly from practically anywhere on the web (when it has been cought through a partner) unless you specifically go to that partners site and do a whois there. looks like a bug to me, and can cost $ by lost sales from people who cant find the email for contact info.

Keep up the great work!

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both sound like partner integration issues, so I'll note them and see what's up. Those issues are out of my circle of ownership, but I can check into them.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cambler said:
Both sound like partner integration issues, so I'll note them and see what's up. Those issues are out of my circle of ownership, but I can check into them.

Hi Chris, hope you would make them look into this...they have caught SportsNetTV.com for me last week using 'ISENSHU LLC DBA ALOHA WEB SERVICES', but I still couldn't set up the nameservers...they said they will resolve the issue in 3-5 days, but its still not fixed.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom is getting better with all the changes and not to say with the recent success in catching many good domains.

Franking speaking, i would rather use enom to bid for dropping domain than to use pool. At the very least, i can change the nameserver and whois info and use the domain without someone saying "Not Our Problem. We only in charge of collecting the big money you bid. Please go pester your uncompetent registrar and leave us alone."

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been with enom for years and have all my names there except if caught elsewhere. I remember the good old hand grabbing days and I registered some good ones thank's to them . So, a happy enomer for sure.

I would recommend that the auction pages are separated by the day.
After all, who needs to be looking at auctions not closing THAT day?

I have actually bid on names that were for the next day by mistake.

Thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom