Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

-Check Yourself In- "Hi, my name is _______, I am a Dot Mobi Crazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again, your vision is too grand, your goals too big. You are hoping to grow the market of buyers by being a crusader. There is already a market of dotmobi buyers that you should be reaching out to. You don't need to plead with others to become a part of that market.
Do you have your names listed on SEDO and Afternic? If not, why not? It's free and you can never go broke on your profits. Invest.mobi sold for over $20K and had 8 bidders. There already are some people ready to buy in the aftermarket for the right name and right price. I suggest you tighten your targets, focus on the low-hanging fruit (the customers that already exist). Get a pattern of small successes going and only after you have done that try to leverage into bigger successes.

Duck,

You're right, its about the stepping stone.. leveraging myself and my networking pyramid to go further.. but to be honest I am still in the dotmobi drafting stage wherby I hope to do the things you mentioned a little bit later.

I feel there are many stellar names to be bought, but as a principle for some reason I don't want to even list my names or put them on sale.. I want to stay hungry drafting because, although I have enough for myself, I need to uplift some others as well if I can.

As far as my grassroots initiative here, I really only want to help people. Many who read who don't post as well as those who post. Registering alot of bad names is not a good idea, and one can easily get carried away with the hot DotMobi craze. On the flipside, seasoned domainers who have DotMobi in their backyard to accept now, can make it big if they haven't made it big yet, like me.. so I like to try to network during the ascending.. and share this historic moment.

As far as projects, my WorldRadio.mobi I am hoping to be a first mover with and have received some business attention. That might be the low hanging fruit for me now.

Good point about considering selling, actually I'd objectively recommend selling dot coms and keeping your best mobi. I actually sold a dotmobi recently for 1K in an auction process, although I know eventually that name will be worth lot more, I have learned from it.. now I feel I will make up for that by registering more new DotMobis with the money :)

The names on my list to get sparkle in my eyes to such an extent, I really can't leave focus on the treasure chest yet.. as I am patiently perservearing..
..with prayers

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Domain Summit 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I see there is still gold in the .mobi hills to be taken, so I am going guerilla dot mobi in my budget because I can't buy the names on my list later, they will be surely gone. This is a once and only new registration opportunity.

I have not listed on meekalvarez.com my 200+ dot mobis. I have been hiding my drafting techniques. Just say that in the past couple weeks I have been able to get names at $18 like

Point number 2: Greed.

Good luck to you my man. Take advice from those who've been around the block a few times and proven themselves to make prudent decisons or take it from18 year olds who think they've stumbled into a goldmine. Selling all their Pokeman cards to buy dotMobi's.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greed is no good.

But if you have the opportunity to uplift others, you can acheive greatness.

Some of my DotMobi regz are:

Interfaith
Humanitarian
Sufi
Sufism
HolyQuran
HolyKoran
Tanakh

More info about myself:

I worked as an NGO consultant online.. as an advocate for the poor.

I have worked as a social worker in the homeless shelters and street corners in inner cities Newark, New Jersey and Camden, New Jersey

I gave my life to work in a Third World Country to fight against syndacates to rescue children from child labor etc. I came back to America still alive and ready to make a difference online instead..

The most important things are my prayers daily, and I encourage all those who are a little crazy with this DotMobi domaining stuff, for the way, to reach into yourself and love God.

Heaven only knows,

Yelo :)

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice!

Im a mobile developer developing mobile websites using ruby, Flashlite, etc. and have been working here for 4 years. I am also a content manager meeting with hundreds of small and large businesses trying to get their sites on the official menus in Japan which is quite a challenge for a lot of companies. We have 12 official mobile websites on the 3 carriers in Japan; NTT Docomo, AU KDDI, and Softbank (formally Vodafone).
I was the first to display 3d animated graphics on mobile phones 5 years ago when Flashlite 1.0 came out and worked as a consultant testing these graphics (notifying speed, graphic errors, etc.).
I am working on my masters in psychology and have a B.S. in Multimedia Web Design.
I am currently working on a project that is guaranteed to be a worldwide success. i dont want to mention it now since i dont want anyone to take my idea before its actually presented.
I am a native Texan and miss home dearly.
As for .mobi, there are some really good names that have potential, but there are others that have "0" chance. I think there are some people that think that .mobi has the same potential as .com. IMO, it doesnt. I am a supporter in most names that have something to do with the industry. but there are a lot of other .mobis which have NOTHING to do with the industry and wont be bought nor developed (not visited). I had already made a post about being careful of which names you should buy, but not many people listened to me and they regged some bad ones. But it isnt for me to tell them. they liked it, they bought it. I have about 35 .mobi names. most of them are Japanese. .mobis are not known here quite yet, but we have gotten some inquiries about these names.
What makes me angry about .mobi is that they only want sites to be developed in xml, but we have some codes that need to use Ruby, flash, and cHTML (for older NTT phones).

Quote from "maroulis"
The top investment banker there told me 3 things that can break any investment. Fear, Greed and Ignorance... Fear of the unknown, Greed of thinking money-tree will last forever and Ignorance when the market is starting to collapse and you think to yourself it'll recover

I really like that advice. very productive. Be careful what you regged. It wont replace .com. but it will help build the mobile industry in some ways. IMHO. I dont know much about other countries and their mobile industry, but as for Japan, its growing really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators