Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

china.net stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To contact the owner of the domain "china.net", please email [email protected]
This page has been accessed 44063 times (updated hourly)

44063 times? Quite a bit of traffic to this domain!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

44063 times? Quite a bit of traffic to this domain!

Yes, there are approximately 44063 domain speculators on this planet.

Originally posted by mole

Yes, there are approximately 44063 domain speculators on this planet.

44k out of 1.3billion+ Chinese knows such thing as dot net! I was not even one of those 44k people, darn. :laugh:

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In 25 words or less, would someone please explain to me what these "stolen" accusations are all about. I missed something while in Calif., I think.

Ok, 2500 words, if necessary.

Thanks.

:cool:

Kbeb

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

44k out of 1.3billion+ Chinese knows such thing as dot net! I was not even one of those 44k people, darn. :laugh:

LOL Goh... You are hilarious!

Thanks for that info. Do you know if any registrars are actually complying with this?
Yes, however it's not immediate, and the numbers of domains dropped for bad information seems to be impossible to come by.

Initiate the contact with the registrar by quoting from the ICANN registrar agreement, and copy ICANN on your email to the registrar. Stick with it when they waffle, and let us know the results.

-t

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fizz
Domain Whiz

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does that work? I have come across many domains that I know to have false whois info. Can I report it and have the names assigned to me?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recall reading in a thread last month that if it is known that someone has bogus whois information and does not correct it, the name can be taken from that person. I do not know the exact process in this regard, maybe another member can clear this up? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7. Accurate Information. Without limiting the other provisions of the Agreement, your willful or grossly negligent provision of

inaccurate or unreliable information, or your willful or grossly negligent failure promptly to update information provided to VeriSign

shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and shall be a basis for domain cancellation.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators