Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Cira has stopped sending out notices in a push to the losing registrant. Concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a few months ago, I stopped getting CIRA notices confirming that a domain that I had sold was indeed sold to the correct
person,by my company. I have pushed 3 domains in the last month and now only the new Owner gets a notice from CIRA.

My greatest concern is the following: Let's say that someone is in a postion to transfer/Push one of my domains out of my account and into another account at the same registrar. I would never know until it is too late. For a PUSH you do no need an AutH code. After 90 days, that domain can be transferred out of the Registrar to anywhere, and then there is really trouble, with no recourse, and no paperwork as to who has my domain.

CIRA has been notified by Namespro, as well as myself, that they would investigate this matter, but they have done nothing about it.

Because of the new systems that CIRA put in place, when I have to transfer a domain, 90 per cent of the time, I insist that the new buyer set up an account at the Registrar that the domain is currently residing, so that they get an easy push after payment.
Also, if you are using Escrow.com, it is easy to see that the domain has been transferred with the CIRA notice. I used to be able to send Escrow.com proof of transfer, when privacy is off, so I could get paid. The proof was the CIRA notice with the new owner and old owner clearly stated. Again, another good reason to have that extra document. If there is ever a REV Canada investigation, or a CDRP situation, these CIRA notices come in handy. I also use the CIRA document if I have to send proof to the DnJournal of a sale to show that the domain actually did change hands.

I think what bothers me the most, is that the CIRA system of automatically sending notices to both parties was already in place. Now,
it is NOT, and no one at CIRA really seems to care.

There must be domainers on this forum that are currently being affected by this new change. Anyone?

Ilze

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have not sold any .ca domains for a long time, thanks for the heads-up.
I think you are right to be concerned :yes:

If it's not a bug nor a feature, what is it ? :)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it does not make sense to not notify the owner of any change to his account or domain...you'd think that includes a change of ownership. just plain dumb.

I think Cira will correct this...I hope so.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what was sent to the new owner. I have deleted his personal info....I have to request from the buyer a copy for my records...LOL!!!

All CIRA has to do is re-program for notices to go out to ALL email addresses involved in these changes...Not Brain Surgery.

Here is the CIRA notice all Sellers should get just in case there is something "fishy" going on:

Important Notice from CIRA

Changes to domainxx.ca
Recently, you requested changes to the contact information for Domaincc.ca This email confirms that
CIRA has accepted the following changes to your important contact information:

Old Information
Registrant Name:
1686808 Ontario Inc.
Registrant Email Address:

Administrative Contact Name:
Ilze Kaulins
Administrative Contact Email Address:
sub-ckkeherg@namesproprivacy.ca
New Information
Registrant Name:
Mr. Possible Domain Thief
Registrant Email Address:

Administrative Contact Name:
Mr. Possible Domain Theif
Administrative Contact Email Address:
new owner email address
Questions?

Any questions about these changes should be directed to your Registrar, who manages your
domain name information.

Your Registrar is Namespro Solutions Inc.
Phone:
http://www.namespro.ca/support.asp
Email:
support@namespro.ca
http://www.namespro.ca

If you have any questions regarding CIRA's policies, you can visit www.cira.ca.
Thank you.
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority is the member-driven organization that manages
Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet
community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
Information on membership in CIRA is available here https://member.cira.ca.

Email Information Please do not reply directly to this email. This email was sent from a
notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.

2012 Canadian Internet Registration Authority. All rights reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators