• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale CIRA speeding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
485
Reaction score
1
Remember back in August when a lot of members here were scrambling to join CIRA so we could vote for DCG and get some knowledgable representation there?

Most of us believed we were already members as we owned .ca or for other reasons. When we realized we were not we all attempted to sign up, but due to extreme slow response back from CIRA, most did not become members in time to vote.

Today,Nov6/07 I received a reply email from CIRA that I had sent on Aug2/07 It started off with

Dear Mr. Gary,
My sincere apologies from replying to you so late,

I did get to vote, but most did not. What a shame.

I still believe we should start an organization that could be, say a watchdog over CIRA and perhaps be able to offer CIRA some ideas from proffessionals that are in the business.

.ca's are at 1 million or so now and growing rapidly. Perhaps time for a few improvements?
 
domainer presence can only hurt .ca

I like Adam but if we (domainers) are too prodominent in this landscape we will only make it less appealing to the everyday surfer.

Cira is run very nicely imo.. secure, fast to answer the phone and talk it up even for a half hour or so openly. When i have issues I phone them, they always answer.

If you want to benefit .ca then develop your domains into sites. relax on the parking, especially the premium domains. When you have hundreds or thousands its hard to do but always try.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom