• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Cleaning domain lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
29
Does anyone know a good method of "cleaning" domain lists?
Expiring domain lists usually contain extraneous data, eg:

1004sternlane.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1035dinsmoreroad.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
106consultant.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
106consultants.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
123cles.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1270panorama.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1601colorado.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1800aviabiz.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1800bookaprivatejet.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1800privatejet.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1888baghouse.info 2005-11-24 00:00:00
18to23.info 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1967mustangbody.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00
1969camarobody.com 2005-11-24 00:00:00

I know there are online utilities that will strip these down to the basic domain name, but what about when you have a list thats over 25,000 records?

I know some people use Word or Excel, but how?
Can someone please talk me through it?
I would really appresiate it...
 
Use Excel

Take - paste special, paste as text
Then there was something called "text to colums", then take delimit and then take special or something like that " " use space in there and click finish, that should do it.
 
mine will clean up .com,.net,.org,.info,.biz,.us,.tv,.ca and more can be added it was posted as a freebie for exclusives by a generous member of this forum and like anything else, i gotta get my hands on it and modify it a bit so it now has functionality to parse other extensions too :P

enjoy!
 
Thanks Duncan, that software seems to do the trick!

Thanks stuff, now I know...

And NameMogul.com, if you read my post, I very much doubt your online form will cope with my 25,000 domain list. ;-)
 
I've been trying to use DomainFilter and not too impressed. I don't know why it's so hard to export the names from the program. You'd think it would be easy, but it's really slow.

I am doing lists of 50k+, but still.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom