Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

CNAME record trouble

rjengs

Reaction score
I am interested in selling my domain name. But, when I made an attempt to sell I found that there was something wrong with my CNAME record. I registered my blog years ago, and the CNAME record that is attached to my blog does not follow the general format for CNAME records. I would like to know how I can go about verifying that the CNAME record I see listed for my blog is the one I should use. If anyone can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it.

Matt55

Level 1
Reaction score
I have the same problem and I don't know how to deal with it. I hope someone here can help with this matter.

jonesrussell42

Level 1
Reaction score
I am interested in selling my domain name. But, when I made an attempt to sell I found that there was something wrong with my CNAME record. I registered my blog years ago, and the CNAME record that is attached to my blog does not follow the general format for CNAME records. I would like to know how I can go about verifying that the CNAME record I see listed for my blog is the one I should use. If anyone can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it.
I know DNS pretty well, what's the problem? I even get confused when a registrar decides to "make it simple" and deviates from standard naming and such.

For those who don't know, a CNAME is an *alias* for another record.

The two values that are important is the CNAME name (www.example.com), and the name you want to alias it to (example.com).

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom