• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.co.uk rules - US ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgstudent

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
295
Reaction score
2
Just a quick question.
I thought .co.uk had to be registered to a UK address? Is this still true?

I came across a premium .co.uk registered to a company in US... is this allowed?

If not what can I do to get it :rolleyes:

Just kidding (but if there was a way...)
I'm very interested in the rules on this...

Also does anyone know a good .co.uk drop catch service?
 
Anybody can register .co.uk domains.
And yes there are drop catchers available for .co.uk too.
deleting.co.uk or dropcatcher.co.uk are a few examples.
There are a few private dropcatchers here too :cool:
 
Also backorder.co.uk (rtl.co.uk)

The guy frequents this forum - J2theIZZO.
 
www.acorndomains.co.uk is a forum of .uk catchers.

I would not use snapnames to be honest to catch .uks.

As for ownership - anyone can own them, there is no restrictions.

There is lots of value to be had in .uk with loads of high price sales going on to end users and domainers alike. Remember the exchange rate is £1 = $2 so selling to UK companies can be very profitable for USA based domainers.
 
i just bought luau.co.uk and it was my first uk domain, i thought it would be a pain, but, it was simple.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom