Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.CO what is the verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say for example a company just paid $150,000 for a domain and someone had just caught the .Co version and is willing to sell to the company for $5,000 , then would this not be a wise investment for the company to protect their brand / website.

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Say for example a company just paid $150,000 for a domain and someone had just caught the .Co version and is willing to sell to the company for $5,000 , then would this not be a wise investment for the company to protect their brand / website.

I don't think for 5k the .com owner would want to buy the .co since the .co will get almost zero natural traffic but by YOU building a site on the .co the .com owner will eventually get free typo traffic intended for your .co site but going to .com instead.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help David G.

Much Appreciated.

P.S. I only asked the question because in a couple of hours time I have a domain ( .Co) landing in my account and a company has just paid ( December 2011 ) nearly $100,000 for the .com version.

P.P.S And the company also owns about 7 of the other extensions with the same name.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess you should expect a phone call soon, you never know.

I had a phone call in early Dec by a french person about a one word french .co I own, the .com is only parked, but it's a popular market on and offline. Nothing happened yet but I'll post if it does.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks hugegrowth.

I was going to post the domain here when it lands in my account but maybe I should contact the owner of the .com first?

Or maybe I should get a broker in on the job or just wait and see.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom