Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed .com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
продажаквартиры.com
(xn--80aaahhnrn5ajlib0a1l.com)
Literal Translation: "Sale of the apartment"

2,740,000 on US Google for продажа квартиры (google.com)
3,690,000 on Russian Google for продажа квартиры (google.ru)
143 on Russian Yandex Search Engine for продажаквартиры.com (with ext) (yandex.ru)
3,905,730 on Russian Yandex Search Engine for продажа квартиры (yandex.ru)
113,664 on Russian Yandex Keyword Tool (like OVT) for продажа квартиры (wordstat.yandex.ru)

Any thoughts or appraisals? Thanks!

Domain Summit 2024

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should search for the compound terms with quotes to force the SE to return only pages with the terms next to each other:

US Google: "продажа квартиры" 355,000
RU Google: "продажа квартиры" 367,000
Yandex.ru: "продажа квартиры" 355,468

Good name. Give it some time to mature. Have you checked for traffic?

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, common mistake re: SE returns with "quotation marks" vs. without.
(It happens all too often here and elsewhere.)

Searching compound terms without quotes and advertising the broad returns as a domain selling point (which has nothing to do with the exact domain itself) can be misleading and seen as false advertising.

While many newbies make such a mistake, others use it to scam others.

Please be careful and mindful to understand what you are advertising before attempting to make it look like a matter of fact.

Best Success in All Your Endeavours!

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh, thank you. I'm a bit new to the IDNs, although I should probably know better. It's difficult when you don't speak the language.

Here's a question: Isn't there still some value in the search results without quotations? Don't alot of people search that way? How do you gauge that?

As far as traffic, I just parked it with NameDrive this morning, so nothing yet. Although, I have a couple of other IDNs that I parked the other day, and they are actually getting traffic (like 2 or 3 hits, but it gives me hope). Come on IE7!!

The hardest part is going to be waiting on these IDNs to realize their full value potential.

So, any $$ ideas on the value of продажаквартиры.com?

Thank you for your comments!

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainstosell said:
Ahh, thank you. I'm a bit new to the IDNs, although I should probably know better. It's difficult when you don't speak the language.

Here's a question: Isn't there still some value in the search results without quotations? Don't alot of people search that way? How do you gauge that?

As far as traffic, I just parked it with NameDrive this morning, so nothing yet. Although, I have a couple of other IDNs that I parked the other day, and they are actually getting traffic (like 2 or 3 hits, but it gives me hope). Come on IE7!!

The hardest part is going to be waiting on these IDNs to realize their full value potential.

Thank you for your comments!

There's no value to investors to see search results for compound terms without quotes. Why? Because we're looking for the incidence of potential type-ins. If you have "продажа" at the top of the page and "квартиры" at the bottom, it would be a meaningless datapoint for the whole term "продажа квартиры".

Sit on this one. In general, the market values single term generics first, then moves down the line when these are gobbled up. Keep an eye on the Russian IDN secondary market.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's right. When you search without quotes you are searching for any page that has the two words in it, when you search with quotes you are going to get the pages that have that exact phrase in them.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you all, these are great comments and very helpful!

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom