Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Coming up on 3 year anniversary, what are your thoughts on the new gtlds ?

R

Raymond Hackney

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why Raymond Hackney account's is Guest?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with what Mike Castello states here.

I am going to state something here which is going to sound negative but it is reality. It is hard to make money even using a .com much less a new gTLD. Many people buy lots of domain names in order reach a larger market and hopefully flip them. These names are costing a lot of money for upkeep while investors wait for a profitable sale. If you have 1000 “average” .com domain names and your yearly renewals are at least $10, that is $10,000 a year. You would have to make at least that much a year in sales before you make a profit and buy something for yourself. After 10 years, renewals are probably going to be at least another $100,000. The unsold names that you are sitting on are not an investment, they are a burden.

That cannot be said for premium domain names that are highly liquid, be it .com or any other extension. The ultimate return for any investor would be to highly sell-able names that increase in value every year. Do you know or do you “think” your names are going up in value every year? I believe most people will find that they are losing money in the long run.

Look at your bottom line and assess your inventory. In my opinion you should engage in just several meaningful and well thought-out acquisitions. They may cost more money most likely will bring a return without the costs of mass registration.

Like Vegas, the big winners are there for show and there are few. The buildings there are for show also but are built on the backs for many losers. As I’ve written previously; Don’t spend a fortune trying to find one.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators