Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Compare $975,000

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knowit

Broadband.com is appraised at $975,000 while stockmarket.com is offered at $900,000 in Greatdomains.com . What do you think is the value of broadband.ws and stockmarket.ws? (.ws means website)

greatfailure.com appraisals are worthless....
"Sold"prices better indicator....
sotckmarket dot double u ess
I don't think so.....
Appraisal:1)0.00 $

2)0.00 $ = Zero Nada ZIpparoo
dot com or nothing......
I'll trade my point for a bottle of wine.....

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Broadband.com is appraised at $975,000 while stockmarket.com is offered at $900,000 in Greatdomains.com . What do you think is the value of broadband.ws and stockmarket.ws? (.ws means website)

Actually, .ws means Western Samoa (not exactly a big selling point for a major corporation looking to put up a serious business web site. You have already given the relative value - just move the decimal place at least 4 notches to the left ($97.50 vs. $90.00) and you would have a reasonable estimate.

Others will say move it 5 spots ($9.75 vs. $9.00) - and I wouldn't spend a lot of time arguing with them.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainRetriever
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site.

IMO, it does not matter .ws stands for Western Samoa or WebSite, both are not attractive to me:cry:

Anyway, these 2 names are good if can do something on them, still have chances to rank high in search results. Good luck.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote:
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site. Quote

That is how the registry is trying to market the name in order to suck a few people into buying regs . .ws is the country code for Western Samoa and they have to pay Samoa a cut for each reg.

E

EroGenius

The marketing always says "WS - It means website" (and in some cases "world site"), but whenever I see two-letter country codes (like Western Samoa's), I think... "eh". The ones that have risen past that for me are *definitely* .TV (for specific purposes), and in some cases .CC isn't so bad. One of my favorite websites (Comicbook Resources) uses both comicbookresources.com and cbr.cc, and I think they are smart to do it too.

That said, I've certainly registered my *most* important business domains with other country-code extensions (which amounts to around 2 or 3 I've decided to "double-up" on. I have many .us domains that I hope will have great value before my .ws reg's.

There are still many good domains still available through them. (e.g. TOMORROW.WS, ELEMENT.WS, SPARK.WS, COMING.WS, and even TRY.WS, ARM.WS, and ONE.WS). Others are just on the sellers block not gaining the domain itself much usage recognition.

I'm going to see how many of the domains mentioned above are still available by tomorrow, and who grabbed 'em... :)

Because of that, yeah... I think its pretty low... value-wise.

MHO.

~ EG

P.S. BTW, has anyone else out there found a loophole in the .WS 4-letter reg requirement? Seems a bit odd that these registerations ARE being made doesn't it... ?

E

EroGenius

Wow... by the time I posted, a whole conversation happened... um, please insert my post right above Duke of Earl... really, I lost track of the window... :)

~ EG

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First truth: To the amazement of many of us, Register.com successfully marketed the Western Samoa country-code domain to legions of registrants.

Second truth: Far from amazing, however, is that no one but these registrants cares one whit about the Western Samoa TLD.

:cool:

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They are an ok(ish) Rugby team

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

For us hardly nothing. But for people in Western Samoa a great deal. However, I doubt that anyone there would put up serious cash for them. But...

Good luck!!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know - does Western Samoa even have a stock market??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom