• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Compare $975,000

  • Thread starter Thread starter knowit
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knowit

Guest
Broadband.com is appraised at $975,000 while stockmarket.com is offered at $900,000 in Greatdomains.com . What do you think is the value of broadband.ws and stockmarket.ws? (.ws means website)
 
greatfailure.com appraisals are worthless....
"Sold"prices better indicator....
sotckmarket dot double u ess
I don't think so.....
Appraisal:1)0.00 $

2)0.00 $ = Zero Nada ZIpparoo
dot com or nothing......
I'll trade my point for a bottle of wine.....
 
Broadband.com is appraised at $975,000 while stockmarket.com is offered at $900,000 in Greatdomains.com . What do you think is the value of broadband.ws and stockmarket.ws? (.ws means website)

Actually, .ws means Western Samoa (not exactly a big selling point for a major corporation looking to put up a serious business web site. You have already given the relative value - just move the decimal place at least 4 notches to the left ($97.50 vs. $90.00) and you would have a reasonable estimate.

Others will say move it 5 spots ($9.75 vs. $9.00) - and I wouldn't spend a lot of time arguing with them.
 
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site.
 
Originally posted by DomainRetriever
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site.

IMO, it does not matter .ws stands for Western Samoa or WebSite, both are not attractive to me:cry:

Anyway, these 2 names are good if can do something on them, still have chances to rank high in search results. Good luck.
 
Quote:
"Western Samoa"?

I always thought .ws stands for web site. Quote



That is how the registry is trying to market the name in order to suck a few people into buying regs . .ws is the country code for Western Samoa and they have to pay Samoa a cut for each reg.
 
The marketing always says "WS - It means website" (and in some cases "world site"), but whenever I see two-letter country codes (like Western Samoa's), I think... "eh". The ones that have risen past that for me are *definitely* .TV (for specific purposes), and in some cases .CC isn't so bad. One of my favorite websites (Comicbook Resources) uses both comicbookresources.com and cbr.cc, and I think they are smart to do it too.

That said, I've certainly registered my *most* important business domains with other country-code extensions (which amounts to around 2 or 3 I've decided to "double-up" on. I have many .us domains that I hope will have great value before my .ws reg's.

There are still many good domains still available through them. (e.g. TOMORROW.WS, ELEMENT.WS, SPARK.WS, COMING.WS, and even TRY.WS, ARM.WS, and ONE.WS). Others are just on the sellers block not gaining the domain itself much usage recognition.

I'm going to see how many of the domains mentioned above are still available by tomorrow, and who grabbed 'em... :)

Because of that, yeah... I think its pretty low... value-wise.

MHO.

~ EG

P.S. BTW, has anyone else out there found a loophole in the .WS 4-letter reg requirement? Seems a bit odd that these registerations ARE being made doesn't it... ?
 
Wow... by the time I posted, a whole conversation happened... um, please insert my post right above Duke of Earl... really, I lost track of the window... :)

~ EG
 
First truth: To the amazement of many of us, Register.com successfully marketed the Western Samoa country-code domain to legions of registrants.

Second truth: Far from amazing, however, is that no one but these registrants cares one whit about the Western Samoa TLD.

:cool:
 
They are an ok(ish) Rugby team
 
Broadband.com is appraised at $975,000 while stockmarket.com is offered at $900,000 in Greatdomains.com . What do you think is the value of broadband.ws and stockmarket.ws? (.ws means website)

For us hardly nothing. But for people in Western Samoa a great deal. However, I doubt that anyone there would put up serious cash for them. But...

Good luck!!
 
I don't know - does Western Samoa even have a stock market??!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom