Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do they only pay by check? If so eems a bit backward. When google used to pay by check it would take 1 month to get the check and 3 months for it to clear here. Can't understand why these 'big' companies don't offer bank transfers - even if we had to pay extra. Google went the other way and started western unioning. I would have thought in this day and age bank transfers would be the norm.

I've changed my payout settings to PAYPAL.

Domain Summit 2024

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've changed my payout settings to PAYPAL.
Is that really an option for domains sold through the Premium Listings?

I don't see how to change that setting, and in GD's help system, it simply says: "Payment is made by check and mailed using address information in the account where the Premium Listing resides".

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that really an option for domains sold through the Premium Listings?

I don't see how to change that setting, and in GD's help system, it simply says: "Payment is made by check and mailed using address information in the account where the Premium Listing resides".

i guess there has to be or escrow
i have never sold one through premium listings
sold one through broker enquiry and it went to escrow

i mean what good is a cheque to godaddys chinese, english, french etc members?

the bank would laugh at a cheque in $. the way things are going even american banks will laugh at cheques in $ :smilewinkgrin:

so, hope, how do you change the setting for payouts? just in case i ever sell one through premium listings

Reaction score
As I said a check just isn't an option here. I don't know if that applies to the rest of Europe as well. 45 days to release the money - up to a month to arrive - up to 3 months to clear. You could be looking at 6 months from sale to actually receiving the money. There must be a reason bank transfer isn't offered but I can't believe it's down to the cost (which I'm sure most people would cover if they opted for it).

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCG: Only reason? Maybe you meant Main Reason? What about the unique reports about how many Whois lookups you get (plus other stuff)? Wasn't that your idea when you worked at GD?

The Premium Listings, Whois lookup reports, good 24x7 cust service, and my helpful new acct exec, are 4 good reasons in process of moving more domains to GD (even though I am not too happy over Dr Bob Parsons killing both Elephants and Leopards). P.S. He took down the graphic Leopard hunt video :( to avoid more bad publicity.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I said a check just isn't an option here. I don't know if that applies to the rest of Europe as well. 45 days to release the money - up to a month to arrive - up to 3 months to clear. You could be looking at 6 months from sale to actually receiving the money. There must be a reason bank transfer isn't offered but I can't believe it's down to the cost (which I'm sure most people would cover if they opted for it).

talk to them about it, i'm sure you can change it. i've never used the premium sales but get paid through paypal for sales through their 'domainbuy' service. i think i just emailed them and requested to be paid via paypal.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you need to log into your account

- account settings

- Payee Accounts
Set up your account information and define how you want to receive payments.
That screen shows that I'm already set up to receive PayPal payments for auction sales. However, I don't think Premium Listings sales count as auctions, and I don't see a way to receive Premium Listings sales proceeds by PayPal.

P.S. Since I announced yesterday's sale through GD Premium Listings, I should mention that I made a nearly identical sale today through Afternic (mid-$xxx price, caught last month for low $xx). Never had back-to-back sales on such sites before. Let's hope this hot streak continues! :)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that same settings for payout applies to premium listings, ive discussed this with gd a while back and they pay MASSPAY
You sure? Wonder if they changed it, because my account has always been set to receive payments by PayPal, but all my Premium Listings payments (most recently last August) have come by check. Maybe I'll give GD a call.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrat for the sales, Godaddy got some great north american endusers traffic which is pretty nice, that's why I always supporting them...

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm missing something but why use this and pay 30% when you can just setup the domains to something like Offer/Counter Offer (Buy Now if you want) and pay 5% or 7% depending on the selling price.

I tried searching one of the domains I have setup that way and thru a whois search it shows up like -

This domain name is available through
Go Daddy Auctions®!
Auction ends on 7/15/2011 3:54:00 PM PDT - Price: $2,000.00

or searching for the name from the home page I get:

Your Name, thedomainiwassearchingfor.com is available through Go Daddy Auctions®! More Info
Auction ends 7/15/2011 3:54:00 PM PDT -- Current Price: $2,000.00
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td valign="bottom">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The advantage of Godaddy is that a TON of people search for domains on their site everyday. they won't see your homemade for sale page or search the Whois. But if they search your domain at Godaddy they will see it for sale when they are in a buying mood, and be able to get it instantly with no hassle, offers, auctions, etc. Many people see a domain as unavailable when they search and don't look further, they will choose another name.

The 30% is irrelevant, just factor it into the price you want.

I just added premium listings to most of my GD portfolio over the last week, will see how it goes.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might be the difference between a sale or not. Adding 30% to the price you want vs. adding 5% or 7%.

But does anybody know the difference between the Premium and 30% vs. just setting it up with Buy Now thru the auctions? Again, it shows up thru the whois search at GoDaddy or doing a regular search. Only asking to find out what the advantage is with the Premium, if there is one, want to try it out myself. Thanks.

Checking the Premium page it says:

* If someone searches for your specific Premium domain, they will be immediately presented with an Offer to Buy. (see above, you can set it with buy now thru auctions and get the message showing up for searches on that domain)
* Any other domain search with matching keywords will result in your domain name appearing in the "Premium Domain Names" section of our domain search page -- potentially visible to over 1 million searches a day!
* Free Professional pricing recommendation. (those tend to be a joke)
* Free Domain transfer after your sale. (already get that)

Last edited:

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You sure? Wonder if they changed it, because my account has always been set to receive payments by PayPal, but all my Premium Listings payments (most recently last August) have come by check. Maybe I'll give GD a call.

I re-verified with GoDaddy on this. All sales via Premium Listings are paid ONLY via cheque and only those sold via Godaddy Auctions are paid by Paypal Masspay. They cannot and will not make an exception if you sell by the Premium Listings, as mentioned by the Rep.

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for asking.

The real difference is sell through rate and end user buying patterns. We believe an end user is more likely to purchase an item directly from the path where they searched for it, in this case the domain availability check. The Auctions link is fairly new, but remember that buyers do have to click over to the auction site and purchase a membership before they can bid or buy your domain. Both channels (premium and auctions) tap into the end users that search for domains on GoDaddy.com, but I feel the premium listing fast transfer system is a better overall experience for the buyer and seller.

It might be the difference between a sale or not. Adding 30% to the price you want vs. adding 5% or 7%.

But does anybody know the difference between the Premium and 30% vs. just setting it up with Buy Now thru the auctions? Again, it shows up thru the whois search at GoDaddy or doing a regular search. Only asking to find out what the advantage is with the Premium, if there is one, want to try it out myself. Thanks.

Checking the Premium page it says:

* If someone searches for your specific Premium domain, they will be immediately presented with an Offer to Buy. (see above, you can set it with buy now thru auctions and get the message showing up for searches on that domain)
* Any other domain search with matching keywords will result in your domain name appearing in the "Premium Domain Names" section of our domain search page -- potentially visible to over 1 million searches a day!
* Free Professional pricing recommendation. (those tend to be a joke)
* Free Domain transfer after your sale. (already get that)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I re-verified with GoDaddy on this. All sales via Premium Listings are paid ONLY via cheque and only those sold via Godaddy Auctions are paid by Paypal Masspay. They cannot and will not make an exception if you sell by the Premium Listings, as mentioned by the Rep.

This is true, payments for premium listings are currently only available through snail mail check.
That said, it's no big deal because GD always pays.
Though I would prefer paypal.

-=DCG=-

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is true, payments for premium listings are currently only available through snail mail check.
That said, it's no big deal because GD always pays.
Though I would prefer paypal.

-=DCG=-

This becomes a problem for non-US residents, to first get the cheque by snail mail and then another 15-20 days further to get it encashed.
Paypal payments would have simply made it much more easy and user friendly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators