Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duly noted. We're working on getting something better in place.

This becomes a problem for non-US residents, to first get the cheque by snail mail and then another 15-20 days further to get in encashed.
Paypal payments would have simply made it much more easy and user friendly.

Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duly noted. We're working on getting something better in place.

thanks Pen for commenting on this
the current system is putting a lot of people off
i think people would be more than happy for godaddy to take payment and have their own escrow, Christ you're big enough to have your own escrow
then you can distribute cash to sellers anyway they like
sellers will have to swallow the paypal charge not you which they will be fine with to get the cash quick i imagine
or make all buyers use escrow for over $1k
i'm sure most domains are over 41k anyway to factor in your huge commission charges of 30% etc

this is one area you REALLY to need to move on as other areas are pretty darn good and automated like tdnam

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think people would be more than happy for godaddy to take payment and have their own escrow

There are laws in Arizona and USA laws preventing Go Daddy from doing this. That is why escrow.com is based in Canada.;)

-=DCG=-

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ah, didn't know this Adam Thanks

God Bless 'The Land of the Free' LOL!

now hurry along kids and open your new bank account and get your free assault rifle LOL

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[FONT=arial, sans serif]Congratulations! Your Premium Listings domain has sold!

Domain: ************.com
Date Sold: 2012-Mar-07
Listing Price: $ 1695.00
Commission: 30 %

I just received this expired domain last night and added it to the premium listings and it sold. LOL
[/FONT]

M.U.

CEO of Thinkk
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Damn your good at this. :)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it absolutely ridiculous that they make you wait until 45 days after the end of the month that it was sold, though the buyer already has full re-sale rights to the domain name. How absurd is that?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That is why escrow.com is based in Canada.;)

???

Last I checked it was based in Santa Margarita, CA with John Snedegar as CEO.

Scratch this post, Your correct, Headquarters is based in Alberta.. I was not aware of this.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never sold a domain through Godaddy before, Question I have is; if the domain is not listed on Gaddady and a buyer uses the "Domain Buy Service", it shows it's $69.99 per domain name + commission,

Who absorbs the $69? and What is the Commission?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Found it;

Domain Buy Service

If I decide to sell my domain name through you, what fees am I responsible for?

All sales fees are paid by the Buyer. If the transaction goes through Escrow.com, you might be responsible for additional charges from Escrow.com, depending on the disbursement method you choose. Disbursement via check is a free service.

This I like :)

You should also know that any transaction $3,000 or greater, Escrow.com disburses payment, which takes far less time receiving payment.

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Found it;

Domain Buy Service

If I decide to sell my domain name through you, what fees am I responsible for?

All sales fees are paid by the Buyer. If the transaction goes through Escrow.com, you might be responsible for additional charges from Escrow.com, depending on the disbursement method you choose. Disbursement via check is a free service.

This I like :)

You should also know that any transaction $3,000 or greater, Escrow.com disburses payment, which takes far less time receiving payment.

Yes, buyer pays fee when using domain buy service and payment is much faster, within a few days. DomainBuy is normally used when the seller doesn't have the domain name listed for sale. Premium listings are 30% from the seller and the payment takes 45 days after the last day of the month that the domain name is sold. So if you sold a domain name on January 2nd, you would wait until Mid-April to get your "check".

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, buyer pays fee when using domain buy service and payment is much faster, within a few days. DomainBuy is normally used when the seller doesn't have the domain name listed for sale. Premium listings are 30% from the seller and the payment takes 45 days after the last day of the month that the domain name is sold. So if you sold a domain name on January 2nd, you would wait until Mid-April to get your "check".

Actually mid March. Payment takes place within 45 days of the end of the month it was sold.

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/3494/how-do-i-get-paid-for-my-premium-listings

However, I have found they usually send them out towards the beginning of the month, at least recently.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like not too long ago someone started a thread on the forum about how elated they were to sold a name on premium listing with GD only to have the money taken back and transaction canceled...by the buyer. A mistake was made? Same OP??? Can't recall all the specifics, but they were unhappy how the transaction went down...and down and down and down and so on.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like not too long ago someone started a thread on the forum about how elated they were to sold a name on premium listing with GD only to have the money taken back and transaction canceled...by the buyer. A mistake was made? Same OP??? Can't recall all the specifics, but they were unhappy how the transaction went down...and down and down and down and so on.
I have dealt with multiple non paying time wasters from the godaddy auctions...the "premium" names are also listed on the auction site , but you only pay 7% if they find you there. All of those transactions are made through escrow.com - I have had 2 in the past month go to escrow only to have a no existent buyer. really a let down.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad I didn't list my names at GD... The downside is the name is not listed at auction, if it was it would be listed on top.

Buyer countered doubling his initial offer, but will need to double that offer to meet my counter offer... I'm pretty sure I know who the buyer is as he owns both the .org and .net, fully developed.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been pretty satisfied with the premium listings myself. Haven't had any go bad, and I just adjust my prices accordingly for their cut. If it's a name I prefer an offer on or really don't want to sell, i put a high price on it. If it sells, I'm happy. If not, no loss. Chances are they will contact me directly on the better ones to try to negotiate a lower price than I have them listed for anyway.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it absolutely ridiculous that they make you wait until 45 days after the end of the month that it was sold, though the buyer already has full re-sale rights to the domain name. How absurd is that?

After experiencing this with a recent sell, I have removed all of my domains from GoDaddy auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators