Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Contacting End-Users - Sample Email / Suggestions / Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a re-post to remove the clutter from the old one, hopefully it will stay out of here.

Below is an example of an End-User email I am sending to prospects along with suggestions from imneazmh and Maxwell.

me said:
Hello Dan McCullough,

My name is Mike Cruz. I am the owner of xxxxxxxxxx.xxx and I am contacting you because I believe this domain would benefit your business. My current asking price is $xxxxxxx.xx for xxxxxxxxxx.xxx, if you are interested and this price seems fair to you, please feel free to contact me either via email or phone.

Please note I am contacting several businesses throughout the USA, Europe and Africa with this offer, first come, first serve.

Thank you,
Mike Cruz
ZURC INC.
www.zurc.net
contact@zurc.net
Ph: (954) 608-4663

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email and delete the original.

imteazmh - Suggested that I contact End-Users via Phone rather than email. Which I plan to do as a follow up.

Maxwell - Suggested the following:

I would make the following changes in order of appearance:

1. Try to address the contact personally. Joe Blow should read "Dear Mr. Blow". "Who ever" puts a rather impersonal tone to your email from get get-go.

me said:
"Who ever" was used just as an example for this thread, I found the appropriate persons name doing a bit of research online (linkedin, pipl, etc.)

2. While I am all for stating price, saying it in the initial email is too premature, IMO. Every end user sale I have ever landed has been in cases where I did not state the price from the get-go. Over the phone is a different story, however you can expect many back and forth messages via email, so there's plenty of opportunity to mention the price to qualify them as a purchaser.

me said:
This is something I will most likely take into consideration, I just wanted to be straight forward to prevent any time from being wasted as my asking price is not far from the lowest price I will take.

3. I'd never say that I'm offering it to other businesses. It comes across as a scare tactic to manufacture urgency.

me said:
good suggestion, most likely something I will never put in future emails.

Otherwise, you provide excellent transparency by providing your name, phone number, company name, etc., and you appear as overall straight-to-the-point by skipping the sales pitch and let the domain name do the talking.

BTW, do note that the people who did reply to you said it wasn't in their budget. Let's say for argument's sake that you were asking $5,000. Would you have been happy with $2,000? That could very well have been in their budget.

A budget equals money. And you're after money. They showed their hand as far as I'm concerned, and that's something you should capitalize on.

me said:
The reason for this suggestion was because I received a email back almost instantly from a prospect saying it was a great domain, but the asking price was not in their budget. I left negotiations open, asked them what was in their budget range and if nothing comes up after contacting all the end users, maybe I can work something out with this company.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by imneazmh
pretty good format. Why don't you try call them directly? Its far better than emailing. IMO

Much agreed, but not everybody is OK on the phone.

In fact, Zurc, your opportunity is not lost. You can call these people up at the end of the week on a "I just wanted to follow up on your email I sent you earlier..." kind of basis.

Trust me, this goes over very well. Disinterest is not necessarily the reason why they hadn't responded. Maybe they were busy and marked it unread and never got around to it.

You can't tell me that you've never told someone "Oh, I forgot to call/email you". We all have.

me said:
I agree 100% and that is the plan.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zurc.net
Very good point, I was un sure about this, but at the same time, I am contacting several companies and I am trying to manufacture urgency, lol. I WANT IT SOLD! But I definitely will be leaving this out of my next emails.

This reminds me of Vince Offer's line when he's pitching the shamwow; "But if you call now, 'cause you know we can't do this all day..." :lol:

It works there because he's trying to sell you a $19.99 set of towels. That amount isn't going to make him rich or the buyer poor. So they'll play along.

But remember, that ad is being seen because people are watching TV. They know that ads are going to come on trying to sell them something. You're making a cold approach, so I would consider an "act now!" tactic to be somewhat imposing.

me said:
very good points and will definitely remove that from future emails.

I definitely appreciate all of the suggestions and help from imteazmh and Maxwell, will definitely be integrating a lot of this into future emails.

I hope this helps many of you and please feel free to post productive criticism and suggestions, as I know that I appreciate it and I am sure many others will as well.

Thanks again,
-Mike C.

Domain summit 2024

Akela

viam aut inveniam...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mentioning keeping clutter out of this thread might've inadvertently prevented others from replying. Just saying :p

On a serious note, thank you. I am presently trying to learn about contacting end users and find this very helpful.

Now if I could only sort all of this information I see here in my head properly :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators