• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Contacting Old owner of a Name I caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
872
Reaction score
8
Hi, just wanted some feedback on this, today I snapped the oldest travel domain in the world, Online since 1994, I say "the oldest" because this is what they show at archives.

I have the contact info for the company that used to own the domain,should I try and contact them or just wait to be contacted ?

thanks for any input.

jay
 
Contacting them will in most cases result in a not so profitable sell. If you allow them to contact you if they desire to do so gives you the upperhand in negotiation. Not to say contacting endusers is a bad thing it's just in a situation such as this where they owned or mabey even think they still own the name its a good rule of thumb atleast from my experience.
 
thanks for the advice namemogul
 
This question pops up from time to time ... in my view, the best thing to do is to hold and wait.

Contacting a former registrant can open a nasty can of worms ... even possibly lead to a UDRP / lawsuit situation ... again, it's often best to let them make the first move.

Ron
 
NP I did alot of this sort of thing last year. I would first email and let them know it was for sale and ask for offers. Alot of times I would get some very agry people who more or less would say they would piss on my grave before they bought the name..lol Others would make really low ball offers or not respond at all.

Domagon said:
This question pops up from time to time ... in my view, the best thing to do is to hold and wait.

Contacting a former registrant can open a nasty can of worms ... even possibly lead to a UDRP / lawsuit situation ... again, it's often best to let them make the first move.

Ron

Yep, I even had one guy from the UK threaten to pull a reverse hijacking on me. Saying he was going to go file for a trademark and come after me. I sold the name to the owner of the .co.uk and sent him an email telling him best of luck with his trademark filing..lol
 
haha. some people are crazy, well I hope I get contacted, I will wait it out, I think they will contact me as they owned the site for over 12 years.
thanks alot.

jay
 
They might have stopped operations.
 
maybe, you never know.
i just put up a travel affiliate site so if they did stop, hopefully it will get some traffic and make some $
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom