• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Correct IDN punycode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2003
Messages
3,609
Reaction score
1
I have this list of IDN names & it shows them with the punycode domain & then the native domain..... however, when I use an online punycode converter I get a different result than what is on the list every time..... for example, this domain....

galicÃÂ*a.com

On the list it states the punycode is.. xn--galica-7va.com, however when I use an online converter I get xn--galica-7ta.com.... when I check the whois the punycode domain on the list is registered & the one reported from the converter is unregistered...... so obviously the one on the list is the correct version in that case... but then why are ALL the coverters reporting the punycode different to the list???

Thanks for any insight! :-)
 
This is what I get from that site when I input the domain..

native language domain name: galicãaa.com
DNS accepted domain name: xn--galicaa-1wa.com

???
 
Displaying tfeL-ot-thgiR Scripts - Can your computer handle it?

Internet Explorer will sometimes display Right-to-left (RTL) languages such as Arabic or Hebrew, in the address bar in left-to-right (LTR) order. Due to IE’s IDN homograph-spoofing mitigation; this would be an issue only for users who have that language in their language settings (otherwise navigating to an international URL will display the hostname as punycode).

This IDN stuff concerns me, I found this on a http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx.
 
demo said:
Displaying tfeL-ot-thgiR Scripts - Can your computer handle it?

Internet Explorer will sometimes display Right-to-left (RTL) languages such as Arabic or Hebrew, in the address bar in left-to-right (LTR) order. Due to IE’s IDN homograph-spoofing mitigation; this would be an issue only for users who have that language in their language settings (otherwise navigating to an international URL will display the hostname as punycode).

This IDN stuff concerns me, I found this on a http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx.
Its being looked into.

Anyways there are plenty of other languages to look into which don't have this issue such as Chinese and Japanese.
 
Maybe someone can explain this: A hebrew IDN with minimal development, shows first in google, but does not show at all in google.co.il?
The domain:www.מבוגרים.com for the word מבוגרים
This means "adult" in hebrew.

Same scenario you can find in russian idn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom