Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cost of domain names...?

Arvind Yadav

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is there such a wide difference in the cost of domain names...?

Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wanted to know at registrars...

Well they all have to make a profit, so they will set thier own price they can do business at, and keep your names safe. Some people, myself included would pay extra to keep any high-value names safe for the long term. But then of course there are others that simply rather price them high (20-30 dollars a name) without any extra security. That can get expensive when you have many names to renew.
but yes if you share the information aftermarket that will get an idea too in this regards

Again, that is up to the owners, but sometimes you can make offers. That does not mean low balling them with a 10 dollar offer on a 100K name. Make it resonable. But research the name first. I had a guy that bought a name he thought was a perfect name for a parenting site, but turned out to be a term used for adult content too. He had paid over 2000 for the name.

Arvind Yadav

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well they all have to make a profit, so they will set thier own price they can do business at, and keep your names safe. Some people, myself included would pay extra to keep any high-value names safe for the long term. But then of course there are others that simply rather price them high (20-30 dollars a name) without any extra security. That can get expensive when you have many names to renew.

Again, that is up to the owners, but sometimes you can make offers. That does not mean low balling them with a 10 dollar offer on a 100K name. Make it resonable. But research the name first. I had a guy that bought a name he thought was a perfect name for a parenting site, but turned out to be a term used for adult content too. He had paid over 2000 for the name.

Thank You ....:)

VictorVictories

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The average cost of domains would be around the same but some domain registrars would like to charge different percentage of profit and so there is a difference in the pricing for domains. Some of the Resellers charge according to their will and it is more than the market price. Also if domains are purchased in bulk then the pricing of the domain is different. Thus there is difference in the pricing of domains.

Julie DAC

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I agree with with Mr. Deleted, the prices change because Resellers have to make some profit. I think what's important is that your domain is secure, that's why getting a free domain is usually not a good idea because if someone wants the domain you have and are willing to pay for it, then the can give your domain to that person or ask you to pay for it, then it becomes a bidding game.

usadomains

Register AT COST now Ask Me!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyway to look up icann true cost!? I used godaddy DDC for years now moving all domains and can own double while supporting a California Based company and at cost Registrar $7.85 coms and some extensions as low as $.25. Got 10+ domains first day for $3+ now i will never shop godaddy again they blocked or locked some of my outgoing transfers

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators