Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Couple of "kid" domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here's some google results dirk...
Searched the web for "Kid tv show". Results 1 - 10 of about 480
Searched the web for "Kid tv shows". Results 1 - 10 of about 105

Overture isn't everything...check google...check to see if the .net/.org is regged...check domainsurfer.com ... GL with future registrations

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
snoopy .. with the addition of the "s" they would be a couple more 3 word domains ... that could be worth something ... with the ever popular "if developed".

PS ... ANY domain is worth money if it is developed, has traffic and makes money.

Originally posted by aactive
snoopy .. with the addition of the "s" they would be a couple more 3 word domains ... that could be worth something ... with the ever popular "if developed".

PS ... ANY domain is worth money if it is developed, has traffic and makes money.

Developed domain = website?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes Goh, developed domains are websites.

Back to the domains that are up for apprasial. Strong keywords. If you are good at SO then maybe you will find them being ranked high in various search engines. For these domains I truly believe that their value will increase if they were devloped. I'm afraid they won't sell for much otherwise.
Also I have to agree with some of them before me. that adding an -s would sound better.

Good luck!!

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

Developed domain = website?

goh ... for me ... Developed domain equals a site with content that provides a reason that surfers come there and also that provides revenue for the website owner... that's my short answer ...

Originally posted by aactive

goh ... for me ... Developed domain equals a site with content that provides a reason that surfers come there and also that provides revenue for the website owner... that's my short answer ...

:confused:

developed domain = site + content
site = developed domain - content

or

site = domain + content
domain = site - content

The problem with the search engine optimization argument is that I can't say I've met that many people who are actually able to get good rankings, and then you have a problem of trying to monetize any traffic that you do get, what do you sell to kids looking for information about tv shows?

And even then when people have domains with high search engine traffic its often not seen as adding a whole lot of value to the domain since retaining a high ranking requires constant work as compared to direct type ins. Its easy to say a domain would be worth more if developed but tha fact is development takes times and money, and in many cases lots of equally good domains are available right now.

I think goh is suggesting that any value would be in the website created, as a result of the time spent creating and marketing a site rather than the domain in itself having inherant value.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
snoopy ... too deep for me! That's why I like type-in names ... SIMPLE!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
childrenstvshow.com

Is available now... unregistered

it would be a good addition for ya

Not sure if it would be a TM issue with childrens television network....Sesame street folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators