Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Couple of .nets

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi domaindirk,

Sorry but you don't have any gems here! Sell them on Ebay. Take whatever offered and buy new domains. And next time don't reg .nets unless they are something else. I don't see any worth here even if they were .coms. Sad but true!!

Good luck!!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
www.FreeMp3Download.net is a good name. It has 129,620 exact search term matches as per Goto. With some work and know how it should be able to do well in the engines. It doesnt matter that its a .net .

Mike

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I do not like ComDownload, but FreeMP3Dopwnload could be cool. Any idea of the traffic DD ?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
just the same, FreeMp3Download holds good value for its key words.

Mike

freemp3download.net shows how popular search phrases often do not work as a domains. If it were the plural AND the .com then it would be an ok name in my view.

Though even if you did have significant traffic coming to it the quality would be very low, what do you sell to people who are specifically looking for free mp3's?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Money would come from Advertisers.

Mike

thats how things worked on the old internet, today advertisers actually like to sell something and maybe have a chance of making money! If your visitors are looking to get cracked music for free I can't imagine being very valuable to advertisers either.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy
thats how things worked on the old internet

Isn't it amazing how short and fast the old internet was in the continuum of time?

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The searches for "free mp3 downloads" is 26047 a day while for "free mp3 download" is 2131 a day. Big difference. The reason it "doesn't" work is because "free mp3 download" does not have "129,620" searches on Overture. Most of these Overture searches belong to "free mp3 downloads". Overture does not tell the singular and plural apart, it simply adds them together. And this is not the first time I have seen someone excited over the Overture searches for their new domain when they had the wrong tense.

This is the reason I like to use Wordtracker to evaluate domains as opposed to Overture. I did the above with the free version.

Another thing to consider here is .ogg. This format is open source, and provides better sound quality than mp3, and has a strong potential to become the defacto standard in the future. They have just come out with version 1.0 So mp3 domains may not be as attractive in the future as they are now.

By the way I just regged freeoggdownloads.com. Please note the s

the problem is, even freemp3downloads.com whilst being an ok domain is far from being a good domain. In my view freeoggdownloads.com is worse than FreeMp3Download.Net as the chance of .ogg taking off is probably relatively low and if it does suceed it may be years before that name gets any traffic. Even if it does get visitors the traffic will still be very low quality.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing with a domain such FreeMp3Downloads.com is that it breaks all the rules 4 words, long, even has a number in it except one over 26000 searches for "free mp3 downloads" a day. That puts it among the 200 most searched terms on the net.

As for .ogg domains I agree with you today little or no value (.ogg is wide open now) and it will take time, but if .ogg does take off .ogg domains will become very valuable, and I find the potential risk/return over say a five year period is very attractive.

So I plan to hang on for a while to my

oggdownloads.com
oggmusic.com
freeogg.com
oggmidi.com
oggcodec.com

in addition to freeoggdownloads.com

And by the way the top bid for "free mp3 downloads" on Overture is $0.27 US a click so this keyword does have value.

Originally posted by FineE
The thing with a domain such FreeMp3Downloads.com is that it breaks all the rules 4 words, long, even has a number in it except one over 26000 searches for "free mp3 downloads" a day. That puts it among the 200 most searched terms on the net.

the wordtracker data I have gives "free mp3 downloads" a rank of 1806, admittedly that is a bit old but I'd be surprised if its now in the top 200. Was surprised to see those overture bids that you pointed out so maybe the traffic isn't all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators