• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Crazy Nigerian Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnam

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
1
I put a phone up for sale on eBay and it ended yesterday at £125 which was £40 more than other similar phones.

The buyer was of course Nigerian and asked me to send it to her business partner who lives in Nigeria but she would not pay until they had inspected the phone first lol Her address in Norwich was an Oxfam shop and her phone number was a Christian Aid helpline so I offered the phone to the second bidder who bid £123 but turned down the offer so the buyer after that bid £64 so basically I've lost out on £59 because of this mental Nigerian.

Now I am getting emails supposedly off Paypal to a email address not associated with my Paypal account saying "the army are coming to your abode and will shoot you unless you give us a tracking number for the phone" lol
 
file a credit thru ebay and they ll be kicked off soon.
 
Simple, don't allow bids from certain countries.
 
In Nigeria, they have actually designed courses at colleges to show Nigerians how to milk the UK welfare system as best they can. And if they're not doing that they're putting parking tickets on disabled cars in westminster lol
Not that i'm trying to generalise or anything lol :lol:
 
common practice here in ireland , is for them to leave childrens prams/buggys at bus stops as they could not be bothered to fold them and carry them on the bus ............ their reasoning ? Your govt will give me better one tomorrow ...

thats not racial ... just documented fact

PS : fault lies with our govt(s) ...
 
In Nigeria, they have actually designed courses at colleges to show Nigerians how to milk the UK welfare system as best they can. And if they're not doing that they're putting parking tickets on disabled cars in westminster lol
Not that i'm trying to generalise or anything lol :lol:

they are improving loll
 
same story.
I am chinese.of couse live in china.
2 years ago.
a Nigerian want buy my Laptop on ebay. He said live in England,want shipping to Nigeria.
But reject Paypal.wany via wire bank account.I accepted him.
Ask I Fax shipping statement in advance.then would transfer money to my bank account.
I reject it directly.
After a week,another Nigerian want buy my item. I told him only support PayPal,yes or not. we all know the result.:)
 
Thats the exact same thing, they registered in England and wanted it shipped to Nigeria. They have bid on all my mates items and his sisters stuff so thats 9 items they won, wouldnt you think eBay would ban Nigerian ISP's until the matter is sorted out.
 
i get average of 3 emails from nigeria per week...they must like my responses
 
I've been getting Nigerian emails lately with photos. If I were a fan 400 lbs African women, I'd be in big financial trouble. :no:
 
my friend is an ebay noobie and came into school bragging about how he'd sold his Playstation 2 for £500 ($1000) and how he sent it to nigeria last night, we all just shook our heads and laughed at him for his stupidity!

A lesson learned on his part id say. shame though :(
 
If the Nigerians used a bit sense they could easily get away with more if they didnt use over the top money in the scams.

I feel heartly sorry for anyone affected by the them, the problem is the people who fall for it are the vunerable.

Shame eBay dont do more.
 
my friend is an ebay noobie and came into school bragging about how he'd sold his Playstation 2 for £500 ($1000) and how he sent it to nigeria last night, we all just shook our heads and laughed at him for his stupidity!

A lesson learned on his part id say. shame though :(

:lol:
 
This is way too funny.....I cant believe they had the balls asking to inspect the phone first before they pay...LOL

Whats amazing is there are fools out there that would actually do it, they know this and thats what feeds it.
 
add me to your Buddy list raider girl hehe
 
I've been getting Nigerian emails lately with photos. If I were a fan 400 lbs African women, I'd be in big financial trouble. :no:

They don't turn to crime because they're starving then...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom