Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dan selling DNFORUM? for 5k Plus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is Dan anyway? I haven't seen him posting here for a while... Has he been banned from the forum?

(The End: not yet :D)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very educating reading it all again :-D

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
this is a great site, i enjoy the discussions, but why would anyone purchase this website for more than $5,000? I can't see anyone making a profit from it in terms of advertising.

Especially this :p
J/K Draqon...please don't go mad, I might have said the same 3 years ago :santa:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To put the record straight, Dan didn't have the money to grow this site beyond what it was at the time. We had to contribute money to maintain DNF servers when it went off line because of overdue bills. The 3 mods who grew this place were very pissed at what Dan did.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fairly new, so I dont know all the details. However, I bid $5,100.00

:::chuckle:::

ajiabs

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anybody has the ownership history of this place? It would nice to know where it came from.. I know about Greg and Adam. who had it before Greg?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gregr said:
What is it going to take to drum up this much excitement again?

DomeBase said:
A disco banana should do the trick! :laugh:

Exit gregr banana, enter gregr superman avatar, enter Stocdoctor adoption of dancing banana, exit gregr superman, enter gregr Diposed Dictator, enter Adam DotComGod

Fun looking thru the old member names. I was there too, but quiet I guess.
Doc

ajiabs said:
Does anybody has the ownership history of this place? It would nice to know where it came from.. I know about Greg and Adam. who had it before Greg?

Dan

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mole said:
To put the record straight, Dan didn't have the money to grow this site beyond what it was at the time. We had to contribute money to maintain DNF servers when it went off line because of overdue bills. The 3 mods who grew this place were very pissed at what Dan did.

I remember when it went offline. But the "3 amigos" were not suitable to run this place or it would been in such a bad domain state :-D

Imagine, Matty banning me because I had added image banners in my sig that others didn't like viewing. The mods had no sense about how to run the vBulletin, let alone a forum.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, there's a new sheriff in town! :)

-=DCG=-

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I remember when it went offline. But the "3 amigos" were not suitable to run this place or it would been in such a bad domain state :-D

Imagine, Matty banning me because I had added image banners in my sig that others didn't like viewing. The mods had no sense about how to run the vBulletin, let alone a forum.

What's their alexa rating these days/ :laugh:

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was a very intersting read, wish I knew about the bid back then :)

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ironically the original 3 moderators did not even own any domain names of their own when this site statrted. They were a joke then and after visiting the site a few days ago by mistake, they still are a joke.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess that's the difference between running it as a business or just some hobby. ;)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Capt. Flash said:
Ironically the original 3 moderators did not even own any domain names of their own when this site statrted. They were a joke then and after visiting the site a few days ago by mistake, they still are a joke.

Of course they did, but what do I know.

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, it took me awhile to realize the dates on the thread. I would gladly pay $5k for dnforum.com :p

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
ajiabs said:
have a read of this: http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/cover030605.htm tells you bit bout the history of the place :wink:

Read that article, but it really doesn't cover much DNForum history, just Adam's bio. I, too, am a bit curious about the timeline here. I joined in April 2003, and as best I remember, Greg had already sold the place to DCG (or was in the process of doing so). Does that mean Greg only owned this board for less than four months? Is my recollection fuzzy?

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I joined in Oct 02, Greg was the bitter dictator, so that would make it at least 6 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom