• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

DCG is the Dot Com God

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently making $~3 month. So 9$ could upsize me to a biggie fry next time i'm at McD. =]
 
WOW CS is kind of like a PR consultant

It certainly is a nice gesture By Adam
 
actnow said:
There is always DomainInvestmentGroup.com .

But, the guy who owns it said that it is not for sale.
And, told me to go away. :'(
Looks like we're discussing two different ideas in this thread now. One is the DCG apprentice program, of which I'm first in line having already been sitting in class for over 3 years.

The next topic is of the Investment Group where Adam and/or others set up a trust type vehicle to pool acquisition funds. Hopefully then those funds could be managed by someone of Adam's experience and of size enough to allow some buying strength on a little higher scale than can be achieved by the average domainer here. It could also be attractive as a diversifier to a Domainer of size and remove the time element required in hunting down names individually.

I wonder how many more members here would have an interest in that and to what degree of investment?
 
Stoc it was talked about at one time but never panned out. It's a good idea but on the larger purchases the ROI in much lower and then it's divided up between those investing. I think it would work best if used in buying lots of lower priced names with higher returns.

Idealy if this industry supported itself as most industries do. IE. The top half buying from the lower half, working with brokers, using multiple data miners to decrease cost on acquistion, etc It would create a domain economy and an actual industry. Idealy thats what this forum is for but the bulk of purchases you see made are people needing bailed out of one situation or another.

I truely believe it would pretty much eliminate the need for the likes of snapnames, pool, etc In turn creating a future buyer for themselves rather than all of that dough leaving the industry and into the stockholders of that companies wallet most likely never to be seen again.
 
Managing a few portfolios would help only a few. Would a better idea be to manage one domain each from a much larger pool of applicants (e.g, 100)? A listing of all our domains managed by Adam and their weekly stats (traffic and earnings) could be posted. Dunno if there's any interest in this way. Just my two cents. The apprentice program sounds very interesting to say the least.
 
dudeinva said:
Managing a few portfolios would help only a few. Would a better idea be to manage one domain each from a much larger pool of applicants (e.g, 100)? A listing of all our domains managed by Adam and their weekly stats (traffic and earnings) could be posted. Dunno if there's any interest in this way. Just my two cents. The apprentice program sounds very interesting to say the least.


A few domains from each sounds interesting.

I am doing a write up an we can discuss it before we move forward.

-=DCG=-
 
Wow! This sounds like an interesting project. I have never been to any other forum online domain related or otherwise where the Admin and its members have forged such a healthy community. This apprentice thing sounds like a great idea especially in an industry that is so cut throat. It sort of gives hope to us little fishes out there still hand regging our names as well as to the xx,xxx sellers who are trying to grow and learn from someone who's "been there". Thanks -=DCG=- for even taking the time out for this.
 
domainer helping domainers, I <3 Domaining. Id be interested in tossing a domain or 2 into this pool or w/e is decided.

Ill keep my eyes peeled




Ya, i used "<3"....
 
For those of you interested here's what I have decided.

The reason for me doing this is simple, when I arrived at Dnforum, it was a sin for anyone to post tips, tricks and even domains available that were dropping. It was all kept quiet as people were hoping to get them for themselves.

I hated that mentality as I realized fast there was room for many more besides the few that had the knowledge and refused to share. Surprisingly enough most of those people fell off the planet. As the industry evolved, it was bound to have more people in it and more information shared.

I won't say who, but someone took the time to educate me on his rise to the top. He shared his tools and his knowledge and for that we both benefited. This was all done via msn. He made money off of me and I made money off of him. He is a class act and nobody including him probably knows who I am talking about. But I never forgot his kindness.

With that said, anyone that wants me to help increase current revenue off ppc or developed sites can email me at [email protected]

I cannot take everyone on, but I will help as many as I can.

If it makes you $1 extra or gives you a new perspective on domaining then it is worth my effort.

I am looking for people that are willing to take guidance and increase their monthly income, know it alls are free to do it on their own.

What I ask in return is simple.

If I take your 10 top domains and they go from making you $100 a week to $200 or whatever, all we have to do is post the $ figure. You can also post if it goes down, which it won't. ;)

I want to be able to track the progress, you never have to post your domains, just the bottom line.

So once again if you are interested, add me to msn and email me at [email protected]. I will need you to email me your domains you want me to use plus their current income off the domains as well as the sources, you can ballpark it.

I expect those that do this will be very happy a month from now.

I will take people on slowly as I can start with 200,000 domains.

I will take the first batch by Tuesday. Please don't PM me, just email me.

-=DCG=-
 
Adam, you're a godsend. Oddly enough, I learned alot thru msn as well especially from Blarian (he's a mod here). I would love to learn from you, Adam. Added you to msn buddy list. Hope to talk to you soon :)
 
I already have you on my buddy list, D. Look forward on talking with you more and more. :ok:
 
this is a great idea, I sent you an email. hopefully before your inbox is full
 
E-mail sent. Definitely looking forward to your guidance.
 
I'm interested as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom