Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DCG is the Dot Com God

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested DCG. Please PM or email me the details when they become available.
admin [at] domainhighway.com

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Up to you guys what you do, I want to get more people earning their income off domains and enjoying their lives.
-=DCG=-
I think that's great that you want to share your knowledge with people, most probably wouldnt bother. Its kind of like giving to charity:eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im in dude..got plenty of names making a few bucks a day..I will be your humble listener :)

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
me to interested, thanks

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definately interested as well.

As are probably 99.9% of all forum members as well.

Alex

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here I thought I already was in the apprentice program? Have I been kicked out? Is there an age limit? Can I just monitor the lessons without credit?

Dnforumadmin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with MJM in the statement that basically hard work will get you to the top however, I don't agree with the mocking of the "Contest", because I don't think there is one person out there with great knowledge like “DCG” in the domain industry that is willing to lend a helping hand. Most will just keep it to themselves, because as the saying goes. “Knowledge is power”, but here you have someone with great knowledge that is willing help.

Furthermore, with the statement of “why bother asking for an opportunity when you can create one for yourself”….....I don’t think if you’re asking for help, you’re taking the easy way out, it just means why spend years repeating the same mistakes when there is someone more knowledgeable that can help you get there faster.

I believe in hard work will pay off, but I also belive in if you don't know... always ASK FOR HELP, I don’t believe in not asking/taking an opportunity to advance your earning potential or your knowledge, and as said above, spend years making the same mistakes over and over again, simply because of your ego!

Watch, listen, and learn. You can't know it all yourself... anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity.
Donald Trump

You can't know it all. No matter how smart you are, no matter how comprehensive your education, no matter how wide ranging your experience, there is simply no way to acquire all the wisdom you need to make your business thrive.
Donald Trump

Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck to all!

MJM said:
Wait, wait. I have this better contest idea. Allow me to explain.

Okay, well like I was thinking - we can "work" really really hard, for ourselves, for months/years. Selling/buying/researching/gauging market values, working on cash flow management/offsetting liabilities with residual income, learning the biz in general- and start your very own empire over time (Rome wasn't built in one day). Wouldn't that be the ultimate contest? I forget the name of it, I think the contest's name is Life. It will be like a real job, except we'll call it a contest. Cool huh?

Sarcasm aside, I'm not trying to kill DCG's thread/generous spirit. But he can only pick one. Maybe at max, ten domainers. Nevertheless the point is, not everyone ASKING for this opportunity will receive this opportunity. THUS, my 9-5 blue collar mentality lads, why not do it yourself? Why bother asking, ever. Regardless of what member or who you know. Why ASK for opportunity, when you can create opportunity. I never never got how people can stand here with their hands out, hoping for a chance to just land on their lap. When all the resources and tools are right in front of us. If you were Joe Smoe working at the diner? Fine. But you've come this far, you're on DNF - you obviously have an understanding of the biz. Now fight your way to the top.

Are you in this biz for fast cash and or because life isn't working out how you had planned? Or are you in this biz because you're an entrepreneur. True to heart genuine, outside the box thinker who can make it in this business or any business you're thrown in front of for that matter. If it's fast cash and 'ease' that attracted you to the online world - I'd reconsider my options/path.

“Never stand begging for what you have the power to earn.”
-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Good luck all.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CS-Admin said:
I agree with MJM in the statement that basically hard work will get you to the top however, I don't agree with the mocking of the "Contest", because I don't think there is one person out there with great knowledge like “DCG” in the domain industry that is willing to lend a helping hand. Most will just keep it to themselves, because as the saying goes. “Knowledge is power”, but here you have someone with great knowledge that is willing help.

Furthermore, with the statement of “why bother asking for an opportunity when you can create one for yourself”….....I don’t think if you’re asking for help, you’re taking the easy way out, it just means why spend years repeating the same mistakes when there is someone more knowledgeable that can help you get there faster.

I believe in hard work will pay off, but I also belive in if you don't know... always ASK FOR HELP, I don’t believe in not asking/taking an opportunity to advance your earning potential or your knowledge, and as said above, spend years making the same mistakes over and over again, simply because of your ego!

Watch, listen, and learn. You can't know it all yourself... anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity.
Donald Trump

You can't know it all. No matter how smart you are, no matter how comprehensive your education, no matter how wide ranging your experience, there is simply no way to acquire all the wisdom you need to make your business thrive.
Donald Trump

Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck to all in the contest!
100% agreed. Someone once said that although you can learn from your mistakes, it is better to learn from somone elses mistakes. In other words, why do again what they tryed and failed at? The guy that made the light bulb tryed 5000 different metals to get the right one, and they asked why he does not give up, and he said cause he knows it will work one way but not with those 5000 metals that he tryed. He did find the right one though after 5000 tryes. But would you like to go and try making those 5000 mistakes to find the awnser to a problem that somone already found?:laugh:

Anyway good luck to all that get in the program

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A unique and good idea.

P.S. The com is already taken.

Yojimbo said:
...Someone should start a DIT (Domain Investment Trust) similar to an REIT or Real Estate Investment Trust. Someone like DCG could pull it off. The members of the DIT would contribute money by buying a share of the trust and DCG or someone similar could use that money to purchase domains and monetize them. Every member would own a share of the domain trust and could buy or sell their share based upon the value of the trust. The manager of the trust would have a substantial amount of money at their disposal and could then go after upper end domains if they wanted. The small investors would get some action with the big fish and would also see a good return on their investment given the DIT was run properly.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is or was trying to mock the contest. I think it's more along the lines of trying to give high expectations a reality check. I'm not real familiar with DCG's history but I would be willing to bet he had a nice chunk of change starting out. I remember one post or article comment about leaving a $150,000 a year job. Most folks will never see $150,000 a year at a job much less in domain investing. I hate to say it but I admit I probably never will and I'm content with that.

I could make alot more than I am making now if I had more money to invest but I have one problem and thats bills. Sure I could find investors to back this and that but along with that comes more work for me and a nice chunk of the pie to them. So in the coin toss slowly working my way there and having the whole pie to myself along with the gratification of creating my own recipe won.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namemogul,i agree 100% your in a vicious circle like most of us,i will just keep plugging away like your good self and dream of striking it lucky one day !

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actulally you can read DCGs story on his blog.. there's an article from DNJournal/Duke who interviewed him...

as for the $150K job, I guess it largely depends... I still can't see how people here are NOT making $150K when they are trading every week domains worth $X,XXX...

if you don't have enough dough to start-up then just make your way slowly up there, start reselling with x3/x4 profit and work in volume... I see two common mistakes made here (and I'm by no means guru)

(1) register 1000 pointless domain and realistically sell 1/10th still leaving you with huge hole $$$

(2) Buy traffic or typo domains for high $$$$ only to find out that traffic either dies, or you lose the typo and revenues plummet..

My personal recipe is to play with the money you can afford if this is a part-time job/hobby. Start small, and grow but expect at some point to consolidate and start buying premium one word or LLL/NNN domains..

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their own recipe and thats the beauty of it. Don't get me wrong my ROI is something most stock brokers can only dream about but there again the return has to pay the bills.

Dnforumadmin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't think it's high expectations.......to quote DCG, he will help you tripple your income, so if you're making $3 you can make $9, there are no high expectations there and no one said that you will become a millionaire.

But isn't $2 better then $1?

Also, DCG may have been doing ok for himself money wise, however he didn't have any knowlege about this business, and as I said before "knowlege is power" so with that knowlege he dominated this industry and made even more money.

If you would like to know more about DCG you can visit:

DNJournal Adam Dicker Cover Story

NameMogul.com said:
I don't think anyone is or was trying to mock the contest. I think it's more along the lines of trying to give high expectations a reality check. I'm not real familiar with DCG's history but I would be willing to bet he had a nice chunk of change starting out. I remember one post or article comment about leaving a $150,000 a year job. Most folks will never see $150,000 a year at a job much less in domain investing. I hate to say it but I admit I probably never will and I'm content with that.

I could make alot more than I am making now if I had more money to invest but I have one problem and thats bills. Sure I could find investors to back this and that but along with that comes more work for me and a nice chunk of the pie to them. So in the coin toss slowly working my way there and having the whole pie to myself along with the gratification of creating my own recipe won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators