Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DCG is the Dot Com God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
It's comments like that, that make me want to start an apprentice type thing just to get one of you up to the point you could relax and enjoy life and work for yourself and collect $10,000 plus a month.

I have thought about this for a long time.

If there is interest out there I would be willing to do it.

-=DCG=-

Continue sharing your knowledge with us all in the exclusive forum and then we can all benefit - not just one person.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in learning too.

Thank you!

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That idea is very prevalent in the Real Estate field. There are a ton of "mentoring" type programs in which the "master" will teach the grasshopper the true path. Of course, the mentors charge big bucks for the programs - usually anywhere from $3k-$10k. I like DCG's idea though. One never really knows if what they are doing is correct or efficient. And, it is always frustrating to have to learn through trial and error (mostly error of course). Only with an assessment and advice from an experienced and successful person would you really know where you stand in the overall scheme of domaining.

Someone should start a DIT (Domain Investment Trust) similar to an REIT or Real Estate Investment Trust. Someone like DCG could pull it off. The members of the DIT would contribute money by buying a share of the trust and DCG or someone similar could use that money to purchase domains and monetize them. Every member would own a share of the domain trust and could buy or sell their share based upon the value of the trust. The manager of the trust would have a substantial amount of money at their disposal and could then go after upper end domains if they wanted. The small investors would get some action with the big fish and would also see a good return on their investment given the DIT was run properly.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It should be a reality show on TV, the winner get's a sponsored apprenticeship..it would be all about domains (big buys, closing deals, etc)and the inner sanctum of our Internet virtual realestate market...you could advertise the hell out of dnforum!

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heres an unique Idea. A contest where the members pitch an idea , costs, and etc to DCG , and the winner gets a premium thats making moolah!

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait, wait. I have this better contest idea. Allow me to explain.

Okay, well like I was thinking - we can "work" really really hard, for ourselves, for months/years. Selling/buying/researching/gauging market values, working on cash flow management/offsetting liabilities with residual income, learning the biz in general- and start your very own empire over time (Rome wasn't built in one day). Wouldn't that be the ultimate contest? I forget the name of it, I think the contest's name is Life. It will be like a real job, except we'll call it a contest. Cool huh?

Sarcasm aside, I'm not trying to kill DCG's thread/generous spirit. But he can only pick one. Maybe at max, ten domainers. Nevertheless the point is, not everyone ASKING for this opportunity will receive this opportunity. THUS, my 9-5 blue collar mentality lads, why not do it yourself? Why bother asking, ever. Regardless of what member or who you know. Why ASK for opportunity, when you can create opportunity. I never never got how people can stand here with their hands out, hoping for a chance to just land on their lap. When all the resources and tools are right in front of us. If you were Joe Smoe working at the diner? Fine. But you've come this far, you're on DNF - you obviously have an understanding of the biz. Now fight your way to the top.

Are you in this biz for fast cash and or because life isn't working out how you had planned? Or are you in this biz because you're an entrepreneur. True to heart genuine, outside the box thinker who can make it in this business or any business you're thrown in front of for that matter. If it's fast cash and 'ease' that attracted you to the online world - I'd reconsider my options/path.

“Never stand begging for what you have the power to earn.”
-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Good luck all.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree MJM there's only two ways to the top. Money and hard work. If you have lots of money to start with you can just buy your way there otherwise you have to work hard and get there a bit later.

I've entertained taking on investors or borrowing some capital cash quite a bit over the past few months but then I have one or more hands in the cookie jar to worry about. So I've pretty much come to the conclusion of staying on the path that I am. If all goes as planned I'll be ENTIRELY debt free in all aspects of life within 1-2 months. It's smooth sailing from that point on. It's been years in the making and I don't drive the Porche I'd like to have but if I play my cards right I can pay cash for it if/when I get that desire down the road.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Working while asking to be involved in this and doing nothing while asking to be involved in this are 2 different things. :cool:

I dont know if that contributes to the thread or not.. just sounded good

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
“Never stand begging for what you have the power to earn.”
-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Nice quote MJM

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figured I would post this here first...

Friday I will setup something like what we discussed above.

I will look to take on a challenge that I am comfortable I can meet.

I will ask for 5-10 people to let me manage their domains.

I want no fees, I enjoy success as a challenge.

My goal will be to triple the income of those that decide to do this within a year.

I know I will succeed at this.

There will be rules, I don't want the domains in my possession but I do need people that will follow instructions without question keeping in mind that my only goal here is to AT LEAST triple their income. The specifics will be announced by Friday.

Do NOT PM me! Details will be posted Friday.

You can post in this thread if you feel you would be interested.

For those of you that aren't interested, that's fine too.

-=DCG=-

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you need names that are geographical?

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anxiously awaiting Friday. ;)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No minimum, but if you give me names that total earnings are $3, expect to hit $9. ;)

Up to you guys what you do, I want to get more people earning their income off domains and enjoying their lives.

-=DCG=-

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm interested.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
quite a brave challenge.

p.s. if you need a " few " to play with let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators