Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed DedicatedServer.org ???

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have had DedicatedServer.org for sometime. Have a Hosting Company that wants it for a NameServer - ie - NS1.DedicatedServer.org
NS2.DedicatedServer.org -

What do you think it is worth? Thanks Much - Steve

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wish I could help you with pricing, two very nice Hosting related words and these days Dedicated seems to be the way to go :)

Mike

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Mike - Thanks for stopping by - Yes this one is a bit tough to throw a number on - I was hoping to get some input from the folks here - Thanks again - Steve

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny isn't it - put it up here for sale and you'd be told .org doesn't go with hosting and be told it was worth Reg. Fee to $15!

Having a buyer puts a whole different perspective on it doesn't it - my first thoughts would be in the $100 - $300 range, but how well do you know the hosting company - how big are they? How much do they want it? It's a good name but it's still a .org - maybe best not to get too "greedy" or you may miss a chance of a decent sale which may not come by for this one again.

Just my opinion, others may disagree.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The .ORG is a problem with "Hosting/Servers", there's little doubt about that in the current market. I guess the only thing I can add is that if it were mine, I'd hope to sell it for $35 - $45! IMHO.
Best of Luck, Steve.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - Mr Webname - Appreciate the input - This is a large hosting company and the offer is a good one - We planned to use it as a nameserver for one of our racks and I guess they want it more than we need it - Thanks again - Steve

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cool Host - I think we will let it go then as it is at $$$$ - Thanks for the help, as always - Steve

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CPiSites
We have had DedicatedServer.org for sometime. Have a Hosting Company that wants it for a NameServer - ie - NS1.DedicatedServer.org
NS2.DedicatedServer.org -

What do you think it is worth? Thanks Much - Steve

$100 +/-

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dr. Who - appreciate the number -

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CPiSites
Thanks Cool Host - I think we will let it go then as it is at $$$$ - Thanks for the help, as always - Steve

That seems like a "decent sale" then - congratulations Steve - a great moment for the .org brigade :D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

That seems like a "decent sale" then - congratulations Steve - a great moment for the .org brigade :D

Awesome! How much did you sell it for, and to whom Steve? Has it closed already? :eek:
This is an amazing story, and one that provides for much hope for us "host/hosting" .ORG owners.
Appreciate your time.
See you.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey CoolHost - We just recieved the offer today. We have worked with this company before on several .com's over the years. They were looking for a name for one of their main nameservers for their dedicated reseller programs. Nice company - Just wanted to make sure that they did not know something that we did not - Thus the thread today to see what you all thought about the name. Glad I posted the thread because Dr. Who said $100 and I now know it is worth $1000 min. to an end user Ha Ha... (no offense Dr. Who). Thanks so much for the post - Steve

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wouldn t sell it to end user less than 3k$
there is no reason to spent time for getting 5 $ for names like that from end users.
taxi driver would be more profitable..

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would imagine it's easily worth $1K++ especially when you see who has the .com/.net and figure out exactly how likely they are to part with them (I assume your buyer has already done that piece of research)

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Edwin and Tassos - Yes the com and net, I am sure, are not going anywhere since Vario owns them Edwin - $3k Tassos is more than their offer but in the game - I have now heard from $100 to $5k (PM) - Quite a spread.... Thanks guys for the post and input. It helps a great deal. Steve

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a great DN... I would say $2K to $2500...

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello - UnusedDomains.com - Welcome to the Forum!!!!! Thanks for the numbers above - Glad you joined us here - If we can ever help, please contact me - Thanks again Steve

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That seems like a "decent sale" then - congratulations Steve - a great moment for the .org brigade - Thanks Mr. Webname - Sure appreciated you input on this one - Yes .orgs are great in many cases - This is just an example of one that works well as an .org - Thanks again - Steve

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators