Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Delicious irony...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It suddenly occurred to me that many of the names being offered for appraisal are SO bad that the appraisal cost (if a paid service was used) would be higher than the domain is worth.

I guess an off-line equivalent would be selling such a beat-up old car that the petrol (gasoline to US-folk) you put in prior to the sale is worth more than the car itself :)

That could be a way to boost the resale value of a domain:
"The domain itself is worth $10 and I spent $39 on a professional appraisal... You can have both the domain and the appraisal certificate for a bargain $30 - that's a huge $19 saving!"

Domain summit 2024

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shameless plug for this Forum
--------------------------------------
Why spend $39 when you can post it here for FREE appraisal??!!

this is what you do:
Reg for $8
Appraise it here (most are appraised as "worthless") here
Add $500 to the worthless rating for an accurate appraisal
Voila! Sell it for $500 + reg on ebay.

PS. If your domain is *not* appraised as "worthless" on this forum, DO NOT use the "+$500" rule; use the following formula:

(((appraisal value)+(forum points of member appraising))*(total members responding to inquiry positively)) / ((total members responding to inquiry negatiively) - (members responding negatively but really willing to buy it))

Let me know if you need the spreadsheet macro for this appraisal model.

OKay okay, I am trying to lighten the discussion up a little <smiles added here> Please do not use this model and quote me to your client.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Atlas: I learned to add and subtract in the "new math" days. I wish the emoticons were around then, because just as your post deserves them, and I am going to send you one now, the new math needed them then. :D

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IPatlas,

I some how ended up with -12 dollars by that formula you gave me :-/ I don't know what went wrong.

Originally posted by alldig
IPatlas,

I some how ended up with -12 dollars by that formula you gave me :-/ I don't know what went wrong.

the formula is very well constructed in that it also takes into account future registration fees on worthless domains :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alldig
IPatlas,

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators