Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

did snapnames get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have seen some names drop recently and am interested in how to figure out which services got it. Does anybody know a way they can share?
regards
larry

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think that you check the updated whois info and you can normally tell which drop service got it by the registrar used and the information initially entered...

check www.whois-search.com and recent drops and he will have some examples of the people getting the names which might help you along a bit :)

Ciq

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will need a whois that shows the whois server of the registry ( mine does it ) - then you compare this with the list of registers on the front of Snapnames.com which only catch for them :

VeriSign
BulkRegister
Namescout
Directi
DomainPeople
DomainSite
NamesBeyond
4Domains
domaindiscount24
TotalRegistrations
NameSystem
1dni
NameBay
pairNIC
EnCirca

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder does snapnames actually use VeriSign for drop catching... never saw snapped domain catched by verisign.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonyk2000
I wonder does snapnames actually use VeriSign for drop catching... never saw snapped domain catched by verisign.

yes.

i remember a while back i lost shopper.net to snapback and netsol was the registar who got it.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, some of my Snaps have been at NetSol..

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if Snapnames use Verisign then they suck...I had a snap on a name that was about to expire with Verisign...it was Jazzcentralstation.com (long name, but it was a CDNOW.com sub domain and has a shitload of links)...anyway...when the whois updated, Verisign didn't get it, nor did Snapnames so I wasn;t too happy as you might guess. HTF do they not get thier own domain dropping? ? ? Can anyone tell me?

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks
regards
larry
Originally posted by Whois-Search
You will need a whois that shows the whois server of the registry ( mine does it ) - then you compare this with the list of registers on the front of Snapnames.com which only catch for them :

VeriSign
BulkRegister
Namescout
Directi
DomainPeople
DomainSite
NamesBeyond
4Domains
domaindiscount24
TotalRegistrations
NameSystem
1dni
NameBay
pairNIC
EnCirca

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they want to play somewhat honest game... they send delete command to the registry and use separate not-connected scripts to delete and to acquire particular domain.
I guess snapback price does not worth changing this rule.
The same with dotster - I am sure namewinners does not have any advantage with acquiring dotster drops.

Anyway I would prefer my snapped domain to be acquired by verisign for me rather than by melbourneit for ultsearch.
My last netsol-transfer-away saga continued for THIRTEEN failed attempts and I transferred the domain on fourteenth attempt. Just be patient and the domain would leave netsol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators