Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news DNForum.com under new ownership - Who are we and what do we want?

Hi all, my name is Lars and I am one of the new owners of DNForum.com. I wanted to reach out and let the community know about our short-term plans for DNForum.com and who we are. We are sorry for keeping you in suspense for these last couple of days but we wanted a chance to get the deal finalized before taking the stage.

We are two owners;
Lars - Castion, whom will be handling business management and development.
Oliver - Seek99, whom will help with the strategic vision and act as a business advisor.

We know it is a monumental task to bring DNForum.com back from the brink its teetering on (/fell off) but we believe that its possible by focusing on the core values that made DNForum.com great. A lot of people invested their money, time and wisdom here and that deserves respect. We hope to return some of that invested energy back to our community members in the form of actual tangible benefits.

Some of our short-term goals are;
A return to the gold / platinum / exclusive membership classes and forums. /now done
A roll back to some of the old forums categories. /now done
A new design to help us turn a fresh page. /now done
Bringing back the trader ratings. /now done
Removing Adsense ads. /now done
Killing the crypto forums. (Already done).

We will not be taking the forums offline but will implement our updates piecemeal during the coming months.

Overall, we want to move the focus away from creating short term profits and towards building a sustainable community that is laser focused on domain name investing and discussion. Our end goal is for DNForum.com to rise from the ashes reinvigorated as the go to place for professionals in our industry.

Some of our long-term development goals are;
Implementing a tag-based marketplace system and search.
Bringing value and benefits back into the exclusive membership.
Making user-driven innovation a focal point for further development.

We are not kidding ourselves. It won't be an easy task, but we are in it for the long run. In the end many small steps goes a long way. We hope that you will join us in this journey and help us achieve our goal.

Finally we would like to thank the previous owners of DNForum.com for their assistance in making this transaction easy and agreeable. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

-------------------------------------------------------Bio's-------------------------------------------------------

Oliver Hoger
Oliver has been an active trader of high quality domain names the past 10 years. Both as a buyer and seller of domain names but also as a broker for many high-profile clients. Oliver is a well know trader amongst the regulars of the high end domain aftermarket. Oliver is based in the Euro time zone.

Lars Lima
Lars has been in the domain name industry for the past 13 years as an independent investor and broker of short domain names at www.DNand.com. He carries a MSc in International business management and has a history in sales and marketing. Lars is based in Denmark.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Dale. Remember the days that we had chat session and live auction?
Indeed John - and good to see you back again :) Sure I remember - it was all good for the forum and holy cow - I've just noticed that I've been a member for 15 years. I intend to hang around and contribute again now!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are serious and we strive our best to make it happen again. But we can't do it ourselves and rely on reputable members like yourself.
Feel free to make any suggestions or pm me your ideas.

Thanks,
John

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe 'Scarface' will resurface - I forget his handle - mod when I first joined with the Al Pacino avatar. Anyone remember him? Maybe he's still here - if so; greetings!

bemarnet

Europe's finest Domain Conferences!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulation. I am sure, you will bring DNFORUM again to the highest level for Domain Investors.

Rivmedia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good to see a change around, best of luck guys.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow....nice to see a lot of the long time members here again!

Gettin' the band back together:)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators