Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news DNForum.com under new ownership - Who are we and what do we want?

Hi all, my name is Lars and I am one of the new owners of DNForum.com. I wanted to reach out and let the community know about our short-term plans for DNForum.com and who we are. We are sorry for keeping you in suspense for these last couple of days but we wanted a chance to get the deal finalized before taking the stage.

We are two owners;
Lars - Castion, whom will be handling business management and development.
Oliver - Seek99, whom will help with the strategic vision and act as a business advisor.

We know it is a monumental task to bring DNForum.com back from the brink its teetering on (/fell off) but we believe that its possible by focusing on the core values that made DNForum.com great. A lot of people invested their money, time and wisdom here and that deserves respect. We hope to return some of that invested energy back to our community members in the form of actual tangible benefits.

Some of our short-term goals are;
A return to the gold / platinum / exclusive membership classes and forums. /now done
A roll back to some of the old forums categories. /now done
A new design to help us turn a fresh page. /now done
Bringing back the trader ratings. /now done
Removing Adsense ads. /now done
Killing the crypto forums. (Already done).

We will not be taking the forums offline but will implement our updates piecemeal during the coming months.

Overall, we want to move the focus away from creating short term profits and towards building a sustainable community that is laser focused on domain name investing and discussion. Our end goal is for DNForum.com to rise from the ashes reinvigorated as the go to place for professionals in our industry.

Some of our long-term development goals are;
Implementing a tag-based marketplace system and search.
Bringing value and benefits back into the exclusive membership.
Making user-driven innovation a focal point for further development.

We are not kidding ourselves. It won't be an easy task, but we are in it for the long run. In the end many small steps goes a long way. We hope that you will join us in this journey and help us achieve our goal.

Finally we would like to thank the previous owners of DNForum.com for their assistance in making this transaction easy and agreeable. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

-------------------------------------------------------Bio's-------------------------------------------------------

Oliver Hoger
Oliver has been an active trader of high quality domain names the past 10 years. Both as a buyer and seller of domain names but also as a broker for many high-profile clients. Oliver is a well know trader amongst the regulars of the high end domain aftermarket. Oliver is based in the Euro time zone.

Lars Lima
Lars has been in the domain name industry for the past 13 years as an independent investor and broker of short domain names at www.DNand.com. He carries a MSc in International business management and has a history in sales and marketing. Lars is based in Denmark.

Last edited:

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great News! Welcome and best of luck. Definitely agree on some rollbacks ie: categories / membership levels etc. I had an exclusive lifetime membership will these be restored?
All the best.
Rob

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great News! Welcome and best of luck. Definitely agree on some rollbacks ie: categories / membership levels etc. I had an exclusive lifetime membership will these be restored?
All the best.
Rob

Thanks Rob. Currently the Diamond account level that you hold equals an exclusive membership. We plan on returning to the previous pricing structure and naming policy for upgraded memberships. Hopefully we will also be able to provide you with some added benefits for being an exclusive member. Even though we have our own plans we would love to hear from you too.

ranahassan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulation to the new owners and wish them all the best.
I want to see Dnforum again one of the top marketplaces and hope this will be under your ownership.

ranahassan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please start weekly newsletter consisting of the domains for sale, news and developments regarding domain markets and Dnforum.

ranahassan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please focus on the countries which are non English speaking like Japan etc. Which countries are technology leaders but have deficiency of reliable domain forums and marketplaces in their languages.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please focus on the countries which are non English speaking like Japan etc. Which countries are technology leaders but have deficiency of reliable domain forums and marketplaces in their languages.

Thats a great suggestion which we are definitely taking note off. We would naturally need moderators that spoke the local language involved. If you would be interested in spearheading an effort in any such sub forums please send me a PM and we can get straight to it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure why crypto is being killed exactly? It is part of the domain name community, and many who are into domain names are also a part of the bitcoin community, so I am not sure what the goals are there, but I wish you well with this forum.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please start weekly newsletter consisting of the domains for sale, news and developments regarding domain markets and Dnforum.
When I was helping as a moderator a while back, I also helped set up an automated Facebook feed from the sales section, but I am not sure if it is still set up. I am willing to help set it back up.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure why crypto is being killed exactly? It is part of the domain name community, and many who are into domain names are also a part of the bitcoin community, so I am not sure what the goals are there, but I wish you well with this forum.

I agree and I am also personally into Crypto. But our goal for DNF is to be the place to talk about Domain names and only that. There is so much noise in the world today that the more you can clean up and focus your message the better a chance you have to stand out. So I hope you will stay and participate. We are definitely not anti Crypto on a spiritual or investment level :)

When I was helping as a moderator a while back, I also helped set up an automated Facebook feed from the sales section, but I am not sure if it is still set up. I am willing to help set it back up.

We can use all the help we can get. Please PM Johnn to get started back up as a mod if you are willing and PM me specifics on the feed poster you mentioned. Thanks a bunch.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PM me what you can do and your availability and I will get back to you.

Thanks,
John

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to see old timer here, the good one. Looking forward to see this dead forum alive again :)

By the way, I have a lifetime Exclusive will that come back too?
Can someone help me change my name from "KING dot NET" to "EM @MAJ.com". I now use EM @MAJ.com for domain transaction.

And if you need additional Mod, be happy to join.

Cheers for now.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Exciting to see that the forum went to capable hands! Fully agree on removing the crypto forums, we all trade it but it was too much white noise here with the auto updates.

Make DNF great again! :D

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will be nice to have the forum back again and in the hands of active members

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to see old timer here, the good one. Looking forward to see this dead forum alive again :)

By the way, I have a lifetime Exclusive will that come back too?
Can someone help me change my name from "KING dot NET" to "EM @MAJ.com". I now use EM @MAJ.com for domain transaction.

And if you need additional Mod, be happy to join.

Cheers for now.
We would be happy to have you on the mod team. Please PM Johnn to set you up and yes we would be happy to help you with the username change.

Exciting to see that the forum went to capable hands! Fully agree on removing the crypto forums, we all trade it but it was too much white noise here with the auto updates.

Make DNF great again! :D

Thank you very much for the nice words Theo. We will do our best!

Will there be a chat system like the old days?

Noted for future developments. At this point I cant make any promises but its something that we could definitely would be interested in implementing again.

It will be nice to have the forum back again and in the hands of active members

Thanks for staying on Jim. We owe you a debt for keeping the lights on and keeping the place breathing. We going to put in a sky light now.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom