Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNForum.com's New Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NOW, it's PROFESSIONAL!

Upvote 0
S

Sammy

All of your concerns are legit and we thank you for the feedback. We have been toying around with many options today and by no means are finished and yes, some options aren't completed yet so you may find an error or dead link along the way. We are working day and night to maintain the level of professionalism and quality that you have come to expect from your home here during the transition. Once agian, thanks to all for the great show of support over the first few days.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
Too big? Does anyone still use 800x600 these days?!

This page provides a fairly good (and current) representative sample of the "average" internet surfer since it aggregates the data collected by web counters across tens of thousands of sites.

While it may seem hard to believe, close to half the Internet population are still using 800x600 resolution.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the search button in the header isn't working for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would seem that the search function is no longer available to non-paying members. Can anyone confirm this?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sooo glad. It was probably another DB issue, but I'm glad it's fixed. :D

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the new header roxors my boxors. nice work.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow! The new graphics look great! Very modern and slick (maybe a tad Disney)!

But the site is a little slow! And it's not my connection. According to the benchmarks I have used, I run at close to T-1 speeds.

But it's a very small price to pay for all the benefit!

Keep it up!
WebCat

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The e-books feature looks interesting, I look forward to delving into those next week.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The site is much slower than usual and has been for a day or two. Maybe it's all the extra traffic, but I get page errors often (1 in 3 pages fails to load for me). :(

The ebook sections looks very interesting and is a welcome addition.

I purchased some traffic to help support the new owners...maybe other can as well.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no remarkable change in loading speed for me, but I prefer a more CLASSIC style.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new, new header looks great...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the latest header and tabs. I'm sure you understand that no matter what you put up you won't please everyone - but I think this one is excellent.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by Duke
I like the latest header and tabs. I'm sure you understand that no matter what you put up you won't please everyone - but I think this one is excellent.

Agree with you 100%! :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed. These buttons are much better. Both the design AND placement. I've also just tested in everything from 800x600 up to 1600x1200 - and this seems to have solved the previous problems of width and white space.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nhlrat,

Do you have plans of creating a platinum profile? I attempted to view your profile, but was notified I don't have permission to access that page.

I am also interested in knowing more about the dotcomgod.

Additionally, have the permissions for non platinum members been changed to prevent PM's also?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
new header - the buttons are much better - no more "windows" gray.

It's a little to "wall street" for me .. the guy on the cell, the group of suits ... the domain business is casual ... and all types of people trade domains ... musicians, web designers , -- please don't show musicians and web designers :eek: I guess I just don't like people in logos in general.

But it is an improvement, good work!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
new header - the buttons are much better - no more "windows" gray.

It's a little to "wall street" for me .. the guy on the cell, the group of suits ... the domain business is casual ... and all types of people trade domains ... musicians, web designers , -- please don't show musicians and web designers :eek: I guess I just don't like people in logos in general.

But it is an improvement, good work!

It's an off-shoot from the hosting industry - they all look "the same" ... building, happy people, guy on the phone!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

It's an off-shoot from the hosting industry - they all look "the same" ... building, happy people, guy on the phone!

I agree with you "Mr Webname", maybe just bring back the old look with the new logo, or post a few designs on a page and let's get a poll going, if you're still in the listening mode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom