• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you need permission......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPinelli

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
0
Permission to take real estate listings and add them to my site?

Meaning, if I went to various realtor sites could I take their online listings and basically import them to my site? I'm not making a profit off the site, I just need the content.
 
i don't know if it is legal or not, but if you add the realtor's contacts on each listing then I see no reason why they would object. Go ahead and ask them for permission, I think all of them wil be happy for some extra exposure for free
 
I could not imagine a realestate agent having a problem with free exposure....
 
i agree.

i was thinking of just doing it and if they contacted me I would remove it.

I tried emailing a few places but they never responded.
 
None of the realtors know you, so none of them will respond to it, unless you make calls for these requests, and plus if you are not the realtor of these houses...i wouldnt put a listing up just incase something goes wrong and come back to haunt you.
 
Be careful even though it will only benefit realtors.
Most realtors site use MLS feed and even realtors need approval from MLS feed service.
Their site developer need to create the site (not live), submit to MLS feed service, approved from them, only then, can their site go live.

They are very strict.
 
Fill out a form on their site, and you won't be able to get them to STOP calling you back!
 
You agree that you will not, except for your personal use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, frame in another Web page, use on any other website, transfer or sell any information, software, lists of users, databases or other lists, products or services provided through or obtained from the mlsli.com website

thats the TOS for the site. can adding the content on my personal site be considered personal use? im not profiting. i noticed a lot of other real estate agency's sites listing the properties of MLS as well as their own listings.

Fill out a form on their site, and you won't be able to get them to STOP calling you back!

very true!

any of you guys have experience in doing this? whats the best approach?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom