Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do You Swim In An Ocean Or A Pond?

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140830_ocean.jpg

I’ve received a lot of feedback on my recent posts on a domain association and what surprises me is that everyone seems to agree on one thing. Domain owners don’t cooperate. They’ll be nice to one another but deep down inside they view everyone else as a potential competitor.

So the question I would like to ask you is whether you believe that you are running your business in an ocean or a pond? It seems like a strange question but it’s incredibly relevant. What this question strikes at the heart of is whether you view there is a vast supply of opportunities with domains (the ocean) or a limited number of opportunities (the pond). If you believe in the pond then you won’t want to cooperate with anyone as they may end up stealing your fish!

It’s all about a mindset. I’m personally a vast ocean believer. Let me illustrate how this impacts the way it causes me to view our great industry.

A number of years ago another domain owner managed to win a great deal over me. I called them up and congratulated them on the deal and wished them all the best. They were a little confused by my response and essentially said, “Why are you happy for me?”

Read More

Continue reading...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Would you form a global association of Realtors? That would answer the question.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom