• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you visit anything other than .com, .net, .org or .gov websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the UK visit .uk far more than other extentions.

Big global brands have local sites eg. google.co.uk .

It is very much like .com.au etc where 'locals' value their own extention alot as it 'vouches' for the country of origin (in theory!).
 
.co.uk occassionally othe ccTLD
 
I'm in Tokyo
If it's a company's main site it's co.jp (Because only a company can register one)
It's it's any other Japanese site it's usually .jp
More common than seeing dot com being advertised now.
 
That is a great point. I have not visited many .jp domains. Can you suggest any cool ones?
 
I visit a lot of .us sites.
I visit a lot of .cn sites as I import products from China and need to look at manufacturers pics.
Almost never.biz
Occassional .info
Occassional .cc/.tv
 
I use .com.au for anything i want to buy as I figure its easier and probably safer to shop in my own country. When surfing i visit whatever comes up in the search engines which is mostly .com

Now and then i see a .org more rarely .info and .co.uk dont think i've ever seen a .ws or any of the other extensions come up in the major search engines, else i didnt notice.
 
When I search msn from South Africa, co.za sites appear before com, net etc in the search results so consequently, when I'm looking for SA sites or products I use msn.
 
I would say that most of the time i either type in the name of the company i am looking for (eg looking for Microsofts website i would say.. well i bet it is microsoft.com and i would type that in) otherwise i ALWAYS use a search engine.. google yahoo etc to look for "microsoft" and usually the domain if the company i am looking for comes up in the first few results. I look at the name of the link that google comes up with to see if its probably the actual site i am looking for.
but as far as typing in other extentions i almost never do unless i know the website in advance either from seeing it somewhere or someone telling me. Such as i know the website www.Last.fm is a site with music on it that i use.
 
I really look at the Link Text or SE description and rarely the domain name for first visits... if it is kewl ... they get to my huge bookmark list ...
I can see from that list - more than 70% is .com and only 10% in there is International TLDs... rest is .org/.net ... no sightings of .us or .biz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom