Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Does anyone use subscription services for lists of soon-to-expire domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you use and what are the costs?

Domain summit 2024

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LocalWhois - $50 a month. But I am thinking about not renewing next month.

Originally posted by davidthornton
LocalWhois - $50 a month. But I am thinking about not renewing next month.

how long did you subscribe? did you find it made a difference in snag'N good drop names? i find the free search for expired names useful on that site. I do not subscribe for a 'fee' monthly.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only for the past month. Subscribed for pure interest at first. A lot of the information appears to be inaccurate - i.e. X domain will expire on X date and it doesn't, or has already expired.

I fired a few hundred domains that were due to expire through Snapnames and a lot of them came up as already available.

Others don't appear to expire on the estimated expire date.

I don't think it's worth $50 for the sub, and probably won't renew.

Originally posted by davidthornton
Only for the past month. Subscribed for pure interest at first. A lot of the information appears to be inaccurate - i.e. X domain will expire on X date and it doesn't, or has already expired.

I fired a few hundred domains that were due to expire through Snapnames and a lot of them came up as already available.

Others don't appear to expire on the estimated expire date.

I don't think it's worth $50 for the sub, and probably won't renew.

thankyou.
worthy info..
interesting but not "amazing" is it about the SnapNames, which showed as 'available'.... shame on them.

i'll put this info in my
DomainTrapper
for safe keeping! :D

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
LocalWhois is for the most part accurate, though. It has a bunch of nice domain lists also, like separate lists for domaisn expiring within 24 hrs, 48 hrs, 72 hrs, etc. They also have a list of domains, "deleting domains" which are on hold currently, and due to become soon to expire soon (great ones for back-ordering), and a bunch of other lists, like dictionary domains, etc.

A free expired search engine like www.deleteddomains.com updated just names that expired the day before, every night. LocalWhois also tracks domain which expired just like that free engine, but the list is updated normally during that same day (rather than waiting until the next morning to search at the free deleted search engines).

Also, another soon to expire service I'm subscribed to is www.domainsweekly.com - I beleive it was around $60 a year, and they send out soon to expire domains every night. But the lists are all unorganized, like they arn't organized by the expected expiration date.

I've have pretty good luck using NameBoy.com; can be slow sometimes, though.

domainsbot.com was excellent and cheap, about $25 /mo
But I used them over a year ago and nowadays their web site seems to have gathered cowebs.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Right, I just tried a one week subscription with domainsbot again about a week ago, nothing was up to date. :laugh: I wonder why they stopped basically, it was like the best site about a year ago..

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've used most of them I think.

Local whois is ok.
Popsnap is ok but they scammed me so I don't recommend them.
Popular-domains is ok but slow and has major integer errors right now so don't bother purchasing it for the $149
Deleted domains new realtime lists are good but they need to have a tool like Localwhois where you can download as a text file or copy and paste.
Next Im going to try exody ??? Any comments on their script???

JOhn

M

mike

I had a localwhois.com subscription at $50/ mo. Looks like alot of us aren't going to renew. Maybe that is why I just got an e-mail sayng they've cut it to 29.95/mo., to stop the mass exodus.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really?

Can you post the email here? I've only been subscribing for just under a month but don't think i'll renew; at least not for $50 a month.

I haven't had an email about the subscription decreasing to $30 and the web site still advertises $50.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "Special" was only good until May 1st...

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I subscribed to names lists from bizmint.com. They email me lists on a daily basis for names expired and names to expire.

I consider these list to be pretty accurate and have regged some names i would have not found if i did not receive the lists.

Once signed up you also have the access to their search tools similar to the one used at deleteddomains.com

If you want to check them out follow this link.

http://www.domainsearcher.net

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Also the $30/mo promotion was only for new subscribers. But still, how many companies are offering soon-to-expire domains (not already expired lists..) besides LW and what I suggested, www.domainsweekly.com ? I don't think there are any more..

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that the $30 offer was only for the first month too. Not recurring.

Searches done in March 2002
Count Search Term
384 medical engineering
206 bio medical engineering
97 medical genetic engineering
88 medical device engineering
83 medical biologocal engineering computing
42 bailey medical engineering
34 medical software engineering
30 medical biological engineering computing

* decent search's...
healthy..

.info will need to provide adequate info on the topic..

could be an info/subscription site... for rev. building.

g/l

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan
Also the $30/mo promotion was only for new subscribers. But still, how many companies are offering soon-to-expire domains (not already expired lists..) besides LW and what I suggested, www.domainsweekly.com ? I don't think there are any more..

Actually I renwewed my subscription for the $30. When you come up for renewal they actually give you a discounted price.

Their "expiring in 24hrs" domains have already expired in most cases and their "expiring" is not totally accurate.

If you use snap names through LW they will extend your subscritpion for 5 days which is nice.

Anyone have any info on Exody??? From what I have read this is supposed to be a great service however their website lacks any real insight into their different levels of service.

Happy Hunting!

John Ansart
www.ad-copy.com

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I was just over at www.exody.com - Just reading over some testinonials, I don't know how legit they are, but a few people are saying things like:

hi...do you know that LocalWhois.com is copying your lists?

"I checked today at localwhois. If you search for "exody", you find names like "producedbyexody.com", whois.exody.com, etc.... They are still ripping off your lists!"

I think that's a bunch of BS, if anything Exody is ripping LW's lists I would say.. lol. Well I never have tried Exody, so don't know how good they are. I might try them next month instead of LW and see what's up with them..

They never really appeared so professional, judging from thier site design, but who knows..
And one last quote from Exody.com..

Hosted by Atlanta Speedway

askii

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan,
It's true... LW is ripping off our list... We will
place any name in our list you wish and within a
day or so it appears in LW.. also NameWinner ...
also BizNames ... etc. etc.. However we do provide
names to some of the list providers and not all
are ripping our list off. What really set me off
was the claim by LW that they were the only ones
with the programming skills to have these list.
I placed icann.org icann.net and icann.com into
our list and ... You guessed it! LW had it in the search.

Dwayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators