Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
NDD Camp 2024

does distributing flyes work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I signed up with a satellite dish affiliate and bought a 1000 flyers from them, flyers look good, they're high quality in color on glossy paper. I'm not real good at speaking to people so I was going to just put them on people's door. I've also planned on hiring a few people to distribute them. I'm not looking for a high number of sales if I get 10 sales out of a 1000 that would be enough, just looking for some extra spending money. I've posted this satellite dish offer on a few local classifieds online, but I haven't received any sales and the flyer has a lot of fine print.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There needs to be a leader in the flyer , something free for instance , this might get you leads and then your salesmanship can kick in, in these types of fields you are really selling yourself and not the product.

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah the flyer is from the affiliate there's a lot of free stuff including a 30 day risk free guarantee, it's just there's a lot of fine print

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"10 sales out of a 1000 that would be enough"
That would be incredibly good if by flyering you got 10 sales for a product such as satellite dishes with only 1000 flyers. At least I think so...

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
scrsteven said:
"10 sales out of a 1000 that would be enough"
That would be incredibly good if by flyering you got 10 sales for a product such as satellite dishes with only 1000 flyers. At least I think so...

I didn't know the sales would be that low! I'm going to have to think of another advertising method. I was thinking 10 out of a 1000 is only 1%. Do you have to get permission to put signs on telephone poles and street corners?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
abcd said:
I didn't know the sales would be that low! I'm going to have to think of another advertising method. I was thinking 10 out of a 1000 is only 1%. Do you have to get permission to put signs on telephone poles and street corners?

most states its illegal, you may want to check out grocery stores, walmart many have a bulliten board rack for business fliers

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1% would be high, most people probably just throw them away unless there is incentive for them.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that in many states it is illegal to put them in peoples mailboxes. doors i think are ok (as long as they don't have a dog. hehe). good luck.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
keep in mind that in many states it is illegal to put them in peoples mailboxes

It's actually a federal (Entire US) offense to put a non stamped flyer in or on a mailbox. USPS can charge up to $300 per incident if caught! Ouch!

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I do flyers I put them in the local weekly paper.

It only goes out once a week, but they only charge $20 for 1000 flyer inserts.
I even get to choose the zip code where they get distributed. So I can rotate

at $0.04 per BW copy = $40
All said and done it's only $60 and I didn't leave the house :)

Maybe something like this is in your area.

Best of Luck

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is also car windows, leave them on the bus/train, 'accidentally drop' them on the ground here and there where lots of people walk, leave them in restrooms, waiting rooms - the list is endless.

Guerilla marketing is what you make of it. Try different things and see what works for you.

MELIAM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do flyers for my business in the UK i am a telephone engineer and for me this is the cheapest way of getting customers my product sells for £60 GBP and i get an average of between 3 - 5% jobs out of it considering it costs me £5 for materials its a very good profit i always use flyers for my business as this is the cheapest way of getting customers for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom