• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Does it ever shock you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
3,987
Reaction score
16
Do you ever look at the names sold at Afternic & Sedo and scratch your head? I find myself wondering how it the world did that name sell that high. Have you done that or thought that? Cheers,

Acro
 
Same here. Sometimes I wonder if I should register 600 domains and just put them all on sedo, afternic and other places and forget about traffic names.
 
I mean really the names that sell sometimes have absolutly no meaning in any language and no traffic, no OVT, no backlinks, etc... It cracks me up, it's like a big guessing game. LOL. Cheers,

Acro
 
some of the buyers dont have much clue about domain industry and i think they are rich enough to invest any amount on the names that they like
 
Do you think so? I always assumed it must be people who know more about the industry than I do. But I have overestimated people before.
 
I mean really the names that sell sometimes have absolutly no meaning in any language and no traffic, no OVT, no backlinks, etc... It cracks me up, it's like a big guessing game. LOL. Cheers

Just goes to show that you never know........... The domain still may not even be registered yet :confused:
 
I ponder it every day.
 
The higher reported sales at DNjournal are usually end users. You may look at them and wonder why a person might have bought it for 10K, but prices are always high when dealing with end users.
 
I thought it must be end users too. But I checked out the top sales this year on dnjournal. I think something like 7 of 12 are currently parked? That was surprising.
 
Some crazy stuff goes on. Some of them I understand, some are just in left field.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom