• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain advice needed - OVT 1900

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarohri

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I just regged a typo domain with an OVT (including .com) of 1900.

What do you think would be the value of this domain?

Domain is 8 letters + .com.

Thanks in advance
 
does it have a hyphen?

value depends 100% on traffic...so park it somewhere and find out!
 
Thanks GT Web. I just parked it at Namedrive to see how it does.

The domain has no hyphen.
 
Could be a great catch...but could also be a dud. Want to let us know the name know that you've secured it? Best of luck with it...
 
It also depends on whether their are any potential trade mark inflictions.
 
hopefully it is not a false ovt and you have yourself a great catch , if the traffic is there to match the ovt it could be worth $x,xxx - $xx,xxx
 
What is the ovt number on the domain without extension?
 
Well, hows the name doing?
 
also interested, hows it doing? can you tell us the name ?
 
I just regged a typo domain with an OVT (including .com) of 1900.

I think he registered a typo of a domain with a 1900 OWE,
I hope I'm wrong, though.
 
BobDiGiTaL said:
I think he registered a typo of a domain with a 1900 OWE,
I hope I'm wrong, though.


That's where my bet is placed.
 
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. The domain OVT is confusing. It could be fake or not.
Can someone tell me whats happening?

Here's the background:

The domain is "assitter.com" - checked ovt here www.myovt.com

When I added to Namedrive it gave a message that "The name already is registered at Namedrive.com". So I sent them an email and got a reply about 30 minutes back. I've put it up the domain finally at Namedrive.

The Yahoo overture site gives 0 result but www.myovt.com gives 1897

Also alarming is that I found the domain through DRT (Domain Research Tool) and DRT too gives OVT as 1897. DRT was my basis for regging it.

Still don't have any traffic stats but I'll put up a post in by monday.

Rgds
 
I get the same OVT 1,897 .

Here is my thinking on it , I could be way off though.

The site assiter.com has a true OVT of 40 , an auctioneer for real estate , so possibly last month they had maybe an auction publisized heavily but the advertising was misspelled in the newspapers, then it got a ton of people to your assitter.com , so maybe a temporary spike in OVT for last month.

How is that for a wild guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom