Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, I've been reading up on Domain Leasing and it seems to be growing bigger lately.
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2013/dailyposts/20130114.htm
I know it's been around for a while, but since domain parking and PPC rates continue to decline I would think this would be a great alternative to anyone with lots of domains and little time to develop, etc.
Anyone have any experience with this so far?

Thanks!
SDX :)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's all about offering an alternative to buyers that do not possess the capital to buy a domain outright. You can offer them the option to lease, or lease & own - with or without a pre-payment penalty.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we've added a "Domains For Lease" subforum to Platinum, for those who want to offer their names for lease.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all about offering an alternative to buyers that do not possess the capital to buy a domain outright. You can offer them the option to lease, or lease & own - with or without a pre-payment penalty.

Thanks Theo...I've tried to find a decent leasing company before but to no avail...
Anyone know of any legitimate Domain Leasing company where I would be able to just list domains for lease and they would take care of the "contractual details"?
I think JoinVentures.com belongs to Rick Schwartz.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we've added a "Domains For Lease" subforum to Platinum, for those who want to offer their names for lease.

Thanks Biggie...What about the contract, etc.?
How does that work?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any legitimate Domain Leasing company where I would be able to just list domains for lease and they would take care of the "contractual details"?

don't be lazy :)

google "leasing contracts", then refine, define , maybe have a legal somebody look it over and utilize

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't be lazy :)

google "leasing contracts", then refine, define , maybe have a legal somebody look it over and utilize

You're right...always lookin' for an "easy option" though...lol ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to read up on Domain Leasing and it seems to be growing bigger lately.
Really ? :)

Thanks Theo...I've tried to find a decent leasing company before but to no avail...
This ?
http://leasethis.com/

Don't know if they are still in business.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks katherine! :)
Did you ever use 'em?

No, I just know that they exist.

Note that the logo still says beta and the latest news are from 2008. The place doesn't look that lively.

As for JV, all I see is domains for lease only.
I have always said pure domain leasing only applies to exceptional cases, like short-terms campaigns, using high-traffic domains, or for ultra-premium domains that are unaffordable to buy.

IMO, leasing makes sense when there is an option to buy and ultimately own the domain - then leasing is in fact a framework for paying in installments.

Call me a skeptic, but I would like to see examples of domain names that are being leased right now by end users. I see plenty of domains available for lease, Nokta have 60,000.
I want to see those that are no longer available :)

If leasing is booming then why don't see more leasing companies setting up to tap the market (like with parking), with websites that don't look like ghost towns ?

Last but not least, leasing is for crème de la crème domains, and the majority of domainers won't benefit at all because they don't have inventory that is lease-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom