Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Domain Meet-up this Friday in Toronto Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I will be in the Mississauga area this Friday-Saturday. Any interest in a
last minute Domain Meet-up at a nice Pub to discuss domains ?

Ilze aka Queen Mother

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, was hoping this was for an Ottawa meet-up.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ilze, excellent idea! Had been meaning to organize a domainers meeting in the Toronto area sometime in the early part of this year. We had a very good one with ianccc, thebutler, urlurl and myself a little over a year ago, would love to have this sort of thing again and see some new faces!

I foresee no issues in recruiting some locals to attend, my only concern is with respect to location.

You had said you are in Mississauga, which is out of the question for me as I do not drive.

Would you at all be willing to meet anywhere within the 416? I'm entirely flexible. We had met at the Boston Pizza at Yonge and Sheppard last time, which is TTC accessible, and not so far into the inner part of the city that parking would be horrendously expensive for those who do drive.

A slightly further west alternative might be the Moxies inside Yorkdale, just to toss another idea out there.

Hopefully we can toss something together in time for Friday.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, I am driving from the Airport, so anywhere you decide will work for me. I will just need to adjust for all the traffic on a Friday.
I will let you name the location, as well as the time, and hopefully, enough domainers in the area will be able to come out. We can all meet at the bar,
and keep it simple.

P10n33R

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent idea. If you guys get the details set in stone I may be able to attend.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, I am driving from the Airport, so anywhere you decide will work for me. I will just need to adjust for all the traffic on a Friday.
I will let you name the location, as well as the time, and hopefully, enough domainers in the area will be able to come out. We can all meet at the bar,
and keep it simple.

Very good. I propose the following plan...

Moxies Grill and Bar in Yorkdale Mall, to allow accessibility to both those driving and on transit
We'll say 7:00 PM for now. I don't think we'll have many people coming during the day if it's a working day.
If an hour or two earlier or later will make a difference, let's plan such accordingly, but not leave that to the last minute.
I'll send a few messages to those who I'm friendly with in the area.
As of right now, just myself and Ilze are for sure, anyone else who plans to attend I think we're best to post confirmation in the thread, just so we've got the numbers handy for sure.
In the unlikely event we have a group of more than 8, I'll aim to make a reservation, but this is not something I am counting on happening.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for handling this Maxwell,
I am happy just hanging at the bar :) The more the merrier..but not necessary...lots to talk about~~!!

QM

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will try to attend - bit of a crazy week but would love to get together.
Thanks,
Rob

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
want to attend - need to confirm if i can attend

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanna attend, got exam on sat. Excellent idea for all torontian domainers meet together for some fun.
here's my # (647) 889-2266

Last edited:

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will probably be shopping in the mall until 7pm, so if someone decided to arrive before 7pm, please give a shout!!

Here is my contact info to text or email.

819-775-7733
[email protected]

Looks like we are on the same page, as I was planning on doing the same thing!

I'm reachable by phone or text at 416 841 7529, should this assist in coordinating things at all.

stephenlamc

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ilze & Maxwell,

Thanks for the arrangement.

I will attend. My mobile is (647) 887-8022.

See you at Moxies Grill and Bar tomorrow at 7PM.
Stephen

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ilze & Maxwell,

Thanks for the arrangement.

I will attend. My mobile is (647) 887-8022.

See you at Moxies Grill and Bar tomorrow at 7PM.
Stephen

Looking forward to seeing you there!

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-19-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

Also, sorry for the second posting... to those who are attending, anybody who thinks they might have a reason to be ID-ed by a diligent barkeep, server, hostess or similar, please be sure to bring ID, as I know the staff at this location to be particularly adamant about ID being required to so much as sit in the lounge area.

Looking forward to seeing those who make their way over!

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-19-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

Also, sorry for the second posting... to those who are attending, anybody who thinks they might have a reason to be ID-ed by a diligent barkeep, server, hostess or similar, please be sure to bring ID, as I know the staff at this location to be particularly adamant about ID being required to so much as sit in the lounge area.

Love, Love, Love this photo you Maxwell! You look more like a Model than a Domain-Guy!!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

s

Gentlemen, Thanks for a great time at Moxie's and let's do it again sooner than later so more can show up. I should be in the Toronto area in March or April, which should give everyone more advance time to plan.

Ilze

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love, Love, Love this photo you Maxwell! You look more like a Model than a Domain-Guy!!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

s

Gentlemen, Thanks for a great time at Moxie's and let's do it again sooner than later so more can show up. I should be in the Toronto area in March or April, which should give everyone more advance time to plan.

Ilze

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I only put it up because you teased me mercilessly about my old avatar :) haha

To anybody who's curious; the old avatar was Simon Cowell, which apparently was not quite clear, and it was only there as a result of being the only even remotely relevant avatar I could find on a free avatar site.

The meeting did go very well, I look forward to the next time you make your way to Toronto, Ilze! Only things I'd do differently for the next meeting is a less crowded/confusing location, as well as a reservation under a pre-determined name, as I know Stephen had a hard time finding us - I'd prefer to not even think about how much harder it would be with a larger guest list!

I'd appreciate some suggestions for locations within the GTA for next time (hopefully subway accessible for non-drivers such as myself), Ilze likes the idea of a more off-the-beaten-path pub type of setting.

We've got lots of time to think though.

Was wonderful having a chance to meet Ilze and Stephen, can't wait for the next, hopefully with many more coming along!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL so close Ilze yet so far away.

I was at the Yorkdale about 2 weeks ago, have lots of family in the area. In fact my wife and I enjoy a steak there once in a while, they seat me right up on stag infront of the big screen all the time, nothing like having 100 people watch you eat.

Sorry I missed this, maybe next time, I hate venturing up there for a short time in the winter, takes me about an hour. Mississauga is actually a bit closer, about 45 minutes.

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mississauga would be better for me as im in the West end, let me know about next meet up.

stephenlamc

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I only put it up because you teased me mercilessly about my old avatar :) haha

To anybody who's curious; the old avatar was Simon Cowell, which apparently was not quite clear, and it was only there as a result of being the only even remotely relevant avatar I could find on a free avatar site.

The meeting did go very well, I look forward to the next time you make your way to Toronto, Ilze! Only things I'd do differently for the next meeting is a less crowded/confusing location, as well as a reservation under a pre-determined name, as I know Stephen had a hard time finding us - I'd prefer to not even think about how much harder it would be with a larger guest list!

I'd appreciate some suggestions for locations within the GTA for next time (hopefully subway accessible for non-drivers such as myself), Ilze likes the idea of a more off-the-beaten-path pub type of setting.

We've got lots of time to think though.

Was wonderful having a chance to meet Ilze and Stephen, can't wait for the next, hopefully with many more coming along!

I did have a good time meeting & sharing with Ilze and Maxwell. While I was waiting for the table, Ilze & Maxwell walked in front of me. I did not say hello because I could not recognize Maxwell from his previous avatar which was so different than his actual young handsome star looking. Finally, I asked the waitress to help to find them. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators