• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Domain Retriever problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuch2AM

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I've just started using Domain Retriever, but I'm getting some confusing results.

Ever since I've used it the alexa rank for every domain is returned as zero. And linkpop analysis is intermittent, returning N/A most of the time.

Has anyone else had these problems? Is it me? or is there a fix?

thanks!
Mike
 
I think it's always been like that or at least for as long as I've been using DR which is a while.
 
Hmmm... I hope not.

One of the main reasons I bought DR is the fact that it's supposed to be able to analyse the Alexa traffic rank automatically.

And also - where is the checkbox for google linkpop? It's mentioned in the help file!

Domain-Retriever? Where are you?

M
 
The Alexa feature is currently not working.

This is because Alexa no longer allows automated
queries.

We've been working on a way around this for quite
a while, so far, we haven't been able to come up
with a solid fix.

As far as the link popularity results, they should
be working perfectly, along with the search engine
data, etc.

Make sure you are using the latest version of DR since
we did release a fix a few weeks ago. There will be another
update in a few days with the Alexa feature removed
until we can get it working again.

Google is no longer supported. It was in the early versions
of the software, but is no longer advertised on the web site
or part of DR. This is because Google does not allow mass
automated queries.

Please send all further e-mails to [email protected]
and I will try to assist you with getting your software
working to the best of my ability.

Also, make sure you have the latest version installed (you
must uninstall all previous versions before installing the
latest one). The download link is available below.

http://www.Domain-Retriever.com/dl/reg/Setup.exe

EDIT IN:

I have just ran DR over a few times to verify that the popularity
and search engine features are working properly. The scan
was done on today's "Just Expired" list. Fields marked N/A
mean that the particular scan feature was NOT selected.

dr.jpg


If you experience any problems after downloading the latest
version please contact [email protected].

Best Regards,
Luc L.
 
Hi Luc, thanks for your support.

There are still a couple of misleading passages in your FAQ you might want to address.

Q. Can I perform Alexa only checks using Domain-Retriever?
A. The new version 2.0 allows for "Alexa Only" checks.


Also...

An average expired domain name list takes approximately 30 minutes to scan under Yahoo, 50 minutes to scan under Google or Dmoz and about 2 hours to scan under the other search engines.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Mike
 
Hi domainretriever,

I take this opportunity to ask you to read my PM and to let me know something asap regarding our small problem, thanks :)
 
Originally posted by DomainEmpire.com
Hi domainretriever,

I take this opportunity to ask you to read my PM and to let me know something asap regarding our small problem, thanks :)

Luc (domainretriever) is currently in Europe and won't be back online until May 28th.
 
Originally posted by DomainRetriever
Domain-Retriever Version 2.1 Ultra


Scan rates of up to 85 domains/second (Link Popularity, Yahoo, AOL, AltaVista).

Live Yahoo and Dictionary Domains (Expired/Expiring/Hold lists).

Fresh domain lists hosted on multiple dedicated servers.

$49.99 3 DAY SPECIAL

Handy Software, I bought it last month during the 3 day special. <grin> You don't sell furniture do ya? :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom