• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain showing high in alexa but few traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Hi i backordered a domain a few days ago. The reason i backordered it was the alexa traffic graph.

It shows this.

Alexa traffic reach 3 month
http://www.lamourtravel.com/domain_alexa.jpg

The domain itself has only 700 views daily.
How come alexa shows a lot of traffic in its graph. Is alexa showing some wrong info or?
 
Alexa is crap, rankings are totally unreliable, I have no idea why ANYONE uses them for ANYTHING.
 
Wel i know one website having 50,000 visits a day and the stats of alexa compared to the real stats are very accurate. But this graph is very strange to me.
 
700 visits a day isnt to bad either though. Just be glad a domain you bought based off alexa even had traffic
 
I can't believe alexa.com 100%, but I refer to them when I buy domains!
 
700 visits a day isnt to bad either though. Just be glad a domain you bought based off alexa even had traffic

Well it only has 300 visits and about 700 views... but not exactly what i expected. :P
 
Alexa is crap, rankings are totally unreliable, I have no idea why ANYONE uses them for ANYTHING.

Agreed. You couldn't pay me enough to put their spyware-like toolbar on my computers. When many different programs identify it as spyware (though this is debatable) one must ask if it's worthy of any recognition.
 
I can write a javascript code that will put your site into the top 10,000 in a couple of weeks even if it gets no traffic. Actually, anyone can probably scam Alexa if they really wanted - its pretty simple.
 
I can write a javascript code that will put your site into the top 10,000 in a couple of weeks even if it gets no traffic. Actually, anyone can probably scam Alexa if they really wanted - its pretty simple.

OK go on !
 
I'll give you the short and easy method without more than 2 lines of code.

1) install Alexa toolbar
2) create a page with 2 frames, the top frame refreshes the page every 3 seconds(using a meta refresh) and the bottom loads your site.
3) walk away
4) brag to all your friends that you have a great Alexa rank
 
Alexa is crap, rankings are totally unreliable, I have no idea why ANYONE uses them for ANYTHING.

Woah, Dan, slow down just a little bit. I agree that Alexa is unreliable, but they're not THAT bad. They certainly have their top 2k websites right.
 
their country top 100 list, can help you to find free ccTLD domains. Then you can double check with overture and if both show the same indicatio => register ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom