• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain Tasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know what Registrars offer domain tasting?, where you can test a domain for x amount of days and then decide whether to pay or cancel

Thanks!
 
dynadot.com

though i predict domain tasting will be banned by ICANN within the next 2-3 months
 
dynadot.com

though i predict domain tasting will be banned by ICANN within the next 2-3 months

I think a "restocking fee" of two to five cents per domain might be a more likely scenario, as it would be difficult to deal with that fee for 10,000 to 100,000+ domains per day.

Unless you've got some sophisticated software and tools, and commit to serious analysis, I think it's a bit difficult to be successful in domain tasting.

Anyway, I'm not so sure 4 days is enough to really gauge the value of many domains, but, with HUGE quantities, I'm sure you can catch some winners.

But I agree, something will likely be done, this year, to either stop or limit domain tasting.
 
godaddy- 5 days- full refund- no problems- no fees
 
godaddy- 5 days- full refund- no problems- no fees

Same with dynadot.

There are at least 1-2 articles published each day about the negative effects of "domain tasting" I just cannot see ICANN not doing something about it. One thing that I read that made me think a bit was that spammers have been using the domain names to send emails then they will delete them to avoid being detected.
 
One thing that I read that made me think a bit was that spammers have been using the domain names to send emails then they will delete them to avoid being detected.

This is one valid point. However I am not sure a restocking fee would be deterent. Spam will exist as long as it is economical to do so.
 
if there is money to be made...domain tasting will continue..
 
Moniker & enom allows as well.

Regarding GD & Dynadot - is the deletion process done online on the website or do you have to contact support?

Thanks.
 
About 1.5 to 2 million domains get tasted daily.

Anyone wanna take a guess as who the top taster is? Avg 450k regs per day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom