Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Domain transfer with Moniker are too long

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello the SEDO staff,

I already complaint about this 6 months ago, but there is no changes.

Is there a way you can make a deal with Moniker to accelerate transfer of domains purchased through your marketplace?

One cannot buy and pay today and be waitting more than one month for the name.

Domain Summit 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What extension(s) are you referring to? Most com/net/org/info/us that I have transferred takes up to a week to transfer. Depending on the losing Registrar, sometimes a lot sooner.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here .com and .mobi

It's very long because now SEDO transfer the domain to his own registrar and account.
This generally already takes 1 to 2 weeks.
After come the Moniker hassles, you need to ask a transfer request that SEDO will receive and should forward you.
And here it's long, plus it's the panic and sometimes the process must be re-initiated like today for 2 names purchased +1 month ago.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try and email [email protected]

I had some problems with their automated transfer system a while back on a particular registrar. They began the transfer manually and it only took a few days.

I think the problem is you are not receiving the email you need that is sent to the admin contact, that you must click a link to accept the transfer.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cybertonic,

Here is my suggestion for future domain purchases. Find out what registrar the domain is currently registered and then ask your transfer agent if it is possible to push the domain here at an account you can create for free.

We can then have the domain pushed to your control at the current registrar. This will allow you the opportunity to start using the domain immediately and you can also oversee the entire transfer process to Moniker.

Of course this is not always possible, however if we can have it pushed to us we can normally push it out immediately to a further account.

For all people I believe the priority should be a safe, secure and quick transfer of ownership and control with the specific registrar of less importance.

Best,

Tom

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's sure I not receive the Moniker email because the domain owner is SEDO.
Remember, I comented that now SEDO first transfer domains to their own acount.

Tom,

"transfer agent" , what is is?

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tom,

"transfer agent" , what is is?

When we do transactions on Sedo, either buying or selling, we are assigned a "transfer agent". That is who any email you get about the domain will be from. All of the emails look kind of the same, so it is hard to tell that they are different people sending them, just look at the name on the bottom of your transaction emails. To get things done with transactions, first I try to email the transfer agent, then I attempt my account manager, then finally the representatives on this board as a last resort. The people representing Sedo on this board are usually very good IMO.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, reading you it look likes it's a bit the panic at SEDO and nothing is really setup to can push names after a sale.
It appears you need to spend time emailing one and another, ... to maybe be lucky they push your name.

What I noticed on my hand is if someone send you a mail from SEDO about a domain transfer then there is no need to respond imediately because they will not respond you until the next week.
This is the way it happens with french accounts.

Many times I have thought they probably have a day to handle french accounts and only this day they read and respond to emails.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every single client is assigned an account executive here at Moniker to help you with your needs and strategies for domain names. Your AE can usually help you navigate the waters in regard to transfers between registrars. We have a good relationship with SEDO, so we can assist if needed. Please make sure to contact your rep at Moniker. If you are not sure who your rep is email [email protected] with your account number and ask for your reps contact details.
Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

"Moniker is the first and only provider of Domain Asset Management"

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not know who is my account manager at Moniker.
Today I am mainly pesting against SEDO and the way they handle transfer of purchased names.
John, it will be your turn tomorrow if I not get a response from Moniker for the 2 mails I sent to [email protected] asking to reinitiate again the transfer of these names as wanted by SEDO.
Because lately Moniker is far to be a champion responding support emails.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cybertronic you always bash moniker - what do you have against monte? ;-) are you mad he didn't let you run his logo in your ads?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNWizard,

Look likes you hear about some story of ads and graphics, but it was not about Moniker...

I have nothing against Moniker, at the inverse, it's my prefered registrar.
And this is why I complaint, because I would like:
- A faster and better email support: maybe a ticket system.
- A way they handle these transfer nightmare with Sedo.

If you read my past threads I never pested against Moniker for anything else.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me say one thing: Cybertonic is not stupid. He has the courage of his convictions and I will be helping him now with his translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom