• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

domaincapital.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Has anyone used their services ? Would appreciate a feedback/opinion

cheers
bdss
 
I am using it. Don't miss your payments and you will be fine. Do exactly what they advertise to do.
 
can you explain more? whats the process?

I want to buy ____ for ______? and they review it?
 
God, their site looks like a 2 minute Instant Godaddy one, lol
 
nothing really special, same as buying a house

You negotiate a deal, lets say for 10k

You talk to domaincapital, and agree with them on downpayment, and terms of loan.
They sent you agreement. Once it is signed they buy this domain name for you
and keep it for now on their name. You have your monthly payments to pay, once you
are done you get your names back
 
Once they buy the domain and put it on their name, do they give you full access to the domain??

Thanks Provider.
 
Though I didn't use them, I went through the process. They evaluate the domain and let you know how much they are willing to lend on it. Then they work with you on the length of the loan for the payments. I didn't experience this first hand, but I understand that the name is in THEIR name until you pay it off. I suppose you can control the DNS. The interest rate was pretty high, but there are few lenders to choose from for this sort of asset. Good Luck
 
What's the interest rate? Does it vary depending on the domain?
 
What about traffic and revenue? Are you allowed to park the domain and use its revenue to pay down the loan?
 
What about traffic and revenue? Are you allowed to park the domain and use its revenue to pay down the loan?

YES, One of my domains sold to a buyer that used them, I transferred the domain to Domain Capital, where the buyer has it Parked at Sedo.
 
I have a credit card half that rate and they wont hold my domain hostage.

Does it have a limit? For a big ticket name, it might exceed your credit limit.

Another thing is that since they are lending on the asset, there is no recourse to your personal assets. However, if you borrow on your credit card, then you owe them even if the domain market crashes and they can come garnish your wages etc...
 
Does it have a limit? For a big ticket name, it might exceed your credit limit.

Another thing is that since they are lending on the asset, there is no recourse to your personal assets. However, if you borrow on your credit card, then you owe them even if the domain market crashes and they can come garnish your wages etc...

I never take out loans for domains, but in the event I did, my cards have high limits, 1 with no limit, I realize my situation does not apply to everyone, but if you dont want to pay the high interest, I say charge it if you can with a lower payment, the revenue you earn off the name would most likely pay the credit card bill.
 
Hello,

If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

201-302-5100, Ext. 24.

Regards,
Gregg Freeman
Domain Capital
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom