• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domainer's Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
Now that I am a full-time domainer I need to find my own insurance. Can anyone suggest the best company? I've heard that you can write off self employment insurance expenses on your taxes. Is this true? Any information would be appreciated.
 
Thanks Don, i just signed up. I'll let you know once I get more info.
 
Stay away from NASE. Their insurance is through Mega Health insurance co. and there are some serious holes in their policies, most noticeable the lack of out of pocket caps and the daily cap for inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapies. See http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45&highlight=nase for more details.

You should really speak to an independent local agent that can compare plans from each company in your area.
 
Stay away from NASE. Their insurance is through Mega Health insurance co. and there are some serious holes in their policies, most noticeable the lack of out of pocket caps and the daily cap for inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapies. See http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45&highlight=nase for more details.

You should really speak to an independent local agent that can compare plans from each company in your area.

Thanks for that link.

maybe Roc and I will hold-off til more on this subject comes to light.


what about NASE's other benefits such as tax consulting, assistance with Incorporating,Tax ID numbers, payroll services?

any experience
 
Essentially, the entire nase organization is a front to sell the health insurance. Almost all of their other services are available for free elsewhere. However, there are still a few benefits of membership, if you don't mind them pressuring you to buy the health insurance.

My main business is my insurance brokerage, and I deal a lot with people who have gotten screwed by the nase/mega/uga insurance. However, for $120 or something like that, perhaps there is a bit of value in the tax help.

http://nasesucks.org and http://ripoffreport.com/searchresul...htype=0&submit2=Search!&q5=nase&Search=Search

seem to suggest that it isn't just Mega, but Nase itself that screws people over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom