Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DomainIt and NameCheap have both stepped up over Elephant Killing Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons recently posted videos of himself killing an elephant and a leopard while in Zimbabwe. The fallout over the last two days has continued to grow, with many customers upset and some even talking about boycotting the company. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has closed their account at GoDaddy and launched a campaign asking others to follow suit.

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/godaddy-...elephant-africa-disgusting-thread-451628.html

In response to the masses of users looking for a new provider, two companies, DomainIt and NameCheap have both stepped up to offer deals to any clients looking for a quick alternative. DomainIt is offering a 50% discount on all 1 and 2 year hosting plans PLUS $10 of every plan donated to the WorldWildlifeFund.org. Use coupon code "DomainitCares" to get the deal. NameCheap is offering $4.99 domain transfers, PLUS 20% being donated to SaveTheElephants.org.

http://igoldrush.com/news/2011/03/providers-step-up-for-users-upset-over-godaddy-ceos-elephant-hunt

Domain Summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to both of these companies for doing what's right!

-=DCG=-

malikai

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Neither of these companies did "what's right" they jumped on a golden opportunity to rake in more money. Don't get me wrong, name cheap is a great company but this move is purely dollar driven. Perhaps bob should shoot a homeless guy then name cheap and domainit will give money to help the homeless.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namecheap.com is down right now.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get a maintenance page

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to both of these companies for doing what's right!

Completely agree. Lets see some support for these organisations. We have started transferring out names to them.

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parsons should just shell out alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make sure there are more elephants thriving if and only if he had a brain.
But the if and only if clause is a tough one for him. Godaddy was great. Parsons is not and he is besides being cruel to helpless animals ruining other peoples' lives.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob thinks a lot of himself. This is stupid and wrong and in Zimbabwe yet, a world class failed country with Robert Mugabe, a tyrant, as leader! The people have no food there but there is Bob shooting elephants. How arrogant can he actually be?

Geez! I just watched the thing. Just when we thought Bob's main thing was just sleaze.

If I could move several hundred domains out of Go Daddy over the coarse of a year and pay the $7.69 each to do it (that I pay at Go Daddy - you can charge the domain club fee too), I'd do it. Any takers? (Hint: you'll get a lot more than just me.)

Last edited:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
'Go Daddy Bob' just made the overnight ABC News show. Regrettably Bob is going to get a lot of mileage out of this. It may be argued to be bad but as they say... At least Name Cheap got a 'shout out' as the 'good guys'. Who'd a thunk you'd ever hear about either one in the news (and especially Name Cheap...Good work on their part!).

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
no such thing as bad publicity

slick move by bobby boy

now he should go hunting in his neck of the woods for bob cats and whatever else they got roaming in the deserts of AZ

what people don't realize is, big bucks dudes do that all the time and have for years, and the money they bring into those areas on safari's feed a ton of the people there

so what he killed an elephant raised to be slaughtered by rich people to bring in money to feed the people in that area

look at the meat on your plate today

is it cow, chicken or fish

how was it raised?

TO BE SLAUGHTERED TO FEED YOU

now, while some animals are pretty much 'endangered' there are preserves where they are sustained

and there are safari's where they are grown to be hunted and killed and it's a big business in those areas

so bob fed more poor people in that area with his trip than that elephant could ever feed

nothing wrong with what bob did

I wouldn't do it

but he who cast the stone needs to look at their own 'sins' before they 'judge' bobby parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom